Notices

Car dies after 2000 rpms

Old 08-21-2004, 02:45 PM
H22edAccord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car dies after 2000 rpms

Ok i have been having problems for the past two months. The hesitation and tach jumping, so i go get a brand new distributor and now instead of fixing the problem it just made everything worse. Now when i go over 2000 rpms the car sputters and dies, maybe it could be my fuel pump but i do not know. Can someone help me cause i am moving for college and i need my car.
My car is an h22 accord, 1995 lx.

Thanks
Mitchell
Old 08-22-2004, 08:17 AM
axion4888

does it jump. if it jumps replace the plugs and plug wire. they could be corroded because of water. also when you installed the distrubutor did make sure to hook up the plugs in the right order. also did you move the cam you might have the wrong timing. overall if its dying and hesitating your probably only running on a couple cylinders. can you accelerate or is there no power to the wheels.
thanx
Old 08-22-2004, 10:33 AM
H22edAccord

well truthfully i havn't tried to drive it but my friend was going to take it to the dealer where he works and get a diagnostic test done for cheap but he said it died about six times before he got a mile away from my house. Also i checked the timing on the cam sprockets and it is perfect, also i have doubled checked the firing order and used an extra set of wires i have to see if that was the problem but no luck. But just to make sure can you remind me on the firing order for a jdm h22 (how the wires go on the distributor).