Notices

accord Navigation

Old 08-20-2004, 07:34 AM
tzn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accord Navigation

I am planning to buy a 04 accord EX with Nave but had a few questions: -

How up to date is the Navigation system (dvd) in the car, meaning do I need to buy an up grade every year or so?? I read some where that the maps are from like a 2001 map dvd!!

Is it true that the Navigation system can be used only in certain areas (quadrants)?? Meaning since I live in Phil, and I decide to drive to Atlanta will I need to up load another Navigation (dvd) half way on the trip to get the maps for Atlanta area...or can just drive across the country with out changing the Nave dvd??

Is it possible to play DVD movies on the same system?? If not what type of alterations can be done?

Just wondering does any one know when the 05 are coming out?
Old 08-20-2004, 07:38 AM
flyromeo3

I have a DVD cd for navigation published in 2000.
Everywhere I have driven has been on my display.

Im sure if they build like a landfil or something tomorrow it wont show up.
But most roads are there. At the least common ones.
I-95, I-80 etc.....but im sure a road off the side of the highway might not show up.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:45 AM
tzn

you have a 2000 published gps dvd on a 2004 accord!! i thought it would be a year or may be 2 old but not 4 years!!.....so the whole thing about the gps system finding the nearest gas station or resturants actually doesn't work that well???

so is it true that the gps system is borken into quaderants like the Northeast or the south west and you have to change you gps dvd once you leave your 'area'???
Old 08-20-2004, 11:19 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tzn
you have a 2000 published gps dvd on a 2004 accord!! i thought it would be a year or may be 2 old but not 4 years!!.....so the whole thing about the gps system finding the nearest gas station or resturants actually doesn't work that well???

so is it true that the gps system is borken into quaderants like the Northeast or the south west and you have to change you gps dvd once you leave your 'area'???
I don't know where you get this information from. It's a nationwide DVD and it's got every single road in the US on it. I'm pretty sure you could go to Honda's website and get this information. I'd imagine it's as up to date as possible. 2005s come out in september.