Notices

haynes manual for 2001 accord

Old 08-19-2004, 09:18 PM
6thsilvercord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default haynes manual for 2001 accord

i am in search of a serivce manual, and looking at the haynes manaul for 98-99 accords. was wondering if anyone had gotten this for their 00-02 accords? i was thinking theres not much of a difference between those years, and would it be wise to get it for my year? or should i just get a helms. haynes is cheaper, but if it is not right for me year, then i will get the helms. my main use for the manual is for basic things. oil changes, taking parts off, fluid changes, brake jobs.. etc.. my main question is that can i use the 98-99 manual for all the jobs i need to do on my 01.
thanks
Old 08-20-2004, 02:46 AM
SmutWanter
"Made to Please"

Well IMO if you're going to buy a booklet for information in terms of keeping your car going strong why not just get the right gen. booklet??? After all, Helms manuals are dirt cheap anyways, and I would even reccomend just spending the extra buck by getting the factory service manual. I only paid 50 bucks for my 4th gen. one, and it has already gone a long way for me.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:46 AM
jschmid

Well since it's still the same generation, probably 99% of the stuff is going to be the same. Since the bumpers are slightly different, there may be different clip locations to remove it, and the newer sixth gens have side airbags in leather equipped front seats, but really it'll be about the same. Don't get a Haynes, they suck compared to Helms. I got the 98-02 Helms for $70 from the Helms site. If you can get the 98-99 a lot cheaper, go for it.