Notices

over heating question

Old 08-12-2004, 08:53 PM
apexivtecaccord
ITZJDM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default over heating question

i need more proof to my g/f's dad that her head qasket needs to be changed i have already changed the radiator both upper and lower hoses the thermostat and temp sensor but he thinks i put in the wrong thermostat but i put in a fail safe and about every 3-4 days i have to put water in anti-freez in her car so i just need to proove to him that her head hasket needs to be changed she also has a 5th gen accord with i/h/e so please let me know ASAP
Old 08-13-2004, 09:07 PM
apexivtecaccord
ITZJDM

saturday nite bump
Old 08-14-2004, 10:31 AM
accordvtec77

if you can get your hands on a pressure tester, then do that. After about 10 minutes or so, if you don't see a puddle under the car, then pull ALL of the spark plugs and look into the cylinder with a flashlight. If it is a head gasket, you'll see coolant on top of one or more of the pistons. And tell your gf's dad that this is AUTO REPAIR, not some bullshit war with a middle eastern country that requires "more proof".
Old 08-14-2004, 11:11 AM
apexivtecaccord
ITZJDM

well there is no puddle under the car i have checked and when she sits in traffic it heats up or in a drive thru it heats up and i told ehr when it does that jsut turn the heater on and come straight home so she does and i just put more anti freeze in it and then it will go a few days with out needing any so that is how i can tell that it is the head gasket but thank you for the reply accordvtec77 but if anyone else has info please post away i do not like her dad and all i am going to do is print all of this off and show him so post as you wish
Old 08-14-2004, 03:06 PM
apexivtecaccord
ITZJDM

bump
Old 08-14-2004, 07:47 PM
dockersguy

I guess you just gotta start checking for signs of a head gasket problem to prove your case. Start looking for coolant in the oil or vise versa. Check underneath the oil fil cap to see if they is any yellowish residue on it. Also, what color is the exhaust?
Old 08-14-2004, 08:26 PM
accordvtec77

ahh well you can tell your gf's dad this....when a Honda technician (me) says if there is no puddle underneath, but still loses coolant, then it IS the head gasket.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:41 PM
apexivtecaccord
ITZJDM

man i will jsut make him look stupid and put him 6ft under when i tell him that he wants to pressure test it and everyhting but i know enough shit about honda's and acura's that i know what i am talking about but your info is VERY helpfull
Old 08-14-2004, 09:48 PM
apexivtecaccord
ITZJDM

i don't know what color the exhaust is i never pay attention to it only when i step on it to see if there are cops behind me
Old 08-16-2004, 05:47 PM
apexivtecaccord
ITZJDM

monday bump