Notices

How to Repairs on 95 Accord

Old 08-04-2004, 01:59 PM
GoldHonda95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Repairs on 95 Accord

My car needs a new Distributor Cap, sparkplugs wires, sparkplugs. Can I change the cap on my own?

Appreciate any feedback....
Old 08-04-2004, 02:06 PM
s1ngle
clutch slipping boost

yes. but wrong forum.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:23 PM
apxlink
95 civic owner/driver

wrong forum...lol
Old 08-04-2004, 08:33 PM
mohamed_ibrah
Tech in Training

Originally Posted by apxlink
wrong forum...lol
lol :chuckles: ...you guys are mean

That stuff is very easy to replace. Usually the cap is held in by two or three screws. First start off by taking the negative cable off the battery (yes you want to do this caz you don't wanna get shocked in case there is any residual voltage left in the lines). Make sure you have a code for your Honda radio BEFORE you do this, if you still have the stock radio

Take the sparks plug wires off the cap, and off the valve head cover on the engine. Remove the two or three screws holding the distributor cap in place (should look like #2 above). Remove old cap, install new cap, with seal, tighten to about snug (don't go too tight), install the new wires back on the cap head, and usually they are numbered as to order in which the wires go, in case you don't, use this as the order:

Spark plugs are also straight forward, use a long extension with the spark plug socket and make sure you coat the threads with a little bit of "anti-seize" coating.