Notices

Strut Bars: Tanabe vs. Spoon

Old 04-20-2004, 05:25 PM
BB6Driver
mini Ferarri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strut Bars: Tanabe vs. Spoon

Hello,

Soon, I'll be purchasing a set of front and rear strut bars for my '00 Prelude.

I'd definitely like a set of Spoon bars, but they don't seem to make them for Preludes anymore.

Tanabe looks like a good alternative. Can I go wrong with them? Is there anything better on the market?

-Craig
Old 04-20-2004, 06:06 PM
5hift
Hades: 2.2L DOHC VTEC

As far as I've seen, most strut bars are all relatively the same (kinda like CAI's) so what ur paying for is the name. All ur choice man.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:10 PM
shiekone916

its not all name cause some are made of different materiels and stuff. but none the less how much would the tanabe cost you? cause if its more then twice as much as the other shit forget it. unless you have a otn of money to blow
Old 04-20-2004, 08:16 PM
5hift
Hades: 2.2L DOHC VTEC

Actually, most are made out of the same materials. It's just a metal alloy, so the % of certain metals may be different, but they're basically all the same if you get a good one. Now if you get one just made outta aluminum or sumthin, that would be a problem, but most name brands are all relatively the same.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:20 PM
shiekone916

depends on how much cash you have to blow as well and what your car has already. i mean if your some rich pricks kid. then whatever. but if you are like most of us and oyur working for the money oyu put in your car then think if its wortht he extra for a namebrand. plus how many other mods have you made?
Old 04-20-2004, 08:21 PM
BB6Driver
mini Ferarri

Spoon strust bars go from $130-$250 depending on where/who you buy from and if you're buying new, used, Ebay auction, etc.

Tanabe strut bars sell for $110-$130 each.

I can afford both, although I'd rather not pay upwards of $300 for a set of strut bars. Beyond $300 (for both bars), and I think I'll pass. Still, I want a quality product that won't flex and will actually make the chassis stiffer.

-Craig

Originally Posted by shiekone916
its not all name cause some are made of different materiels and stuff. but none the less how much would the tanabe cost you? cause if its more then twice as much as the other shit forget it. unless you have a otn of money to blow
Old 04-20-2004, 08:31 PM
BB6Driver
mini Ferarri

shiekone916,

I do have an amount that I won't spend over and which I think is ridiculous money for said product. Any mod to my car hurts the wallet along with the regular maintinence that already goes into it. Still, if I want results I'll pay for what's proven to do the job.

As for my current modifications to the suspension/rolling of the car:

Bridgestone S03's
Hawk HPS brake pads
Goodridge G-Stop brake lines (not yet installed)
Suspension Techniques anti-sway bar kit (not yet installed)

I've also got a Tanabe muffler on the rear but that doesn't affect the suspension, so...

-Craig

depends on how much cash you have to blow as well and what your car has already. i mean if your some rich pricks kid. then whatever. but if you are like most of us and oyur working for the money oyu put in your car then think if its wortht he extra for a namebrand. plus how many other mods have you made?
Old 04-20-2004, 08:40 PM
shiekone916

your smart. keep limits and stuff. im sorry if i sounded pissy but some kid was talking shit about my car earlier. ya he has a 96 civic and i am only driving a 90 prelude si. hes bragging bout his body kit rims neons carbon fiber hood and whatnot. his mom and dad paid for everything. makes me sick knowing he spent 18 grand so far on that car and i can still kik his dumass. a 1.6 sohc with zero performance mods. and he thinks he has me beat. tells people he beat me and stuff. i took him by three car lengths without trying on the 1/4. and i am over 212 thousand miles on that thing
Old 04-20-2004, 08:58 PM
BB6Driver
mini Ferarri

No worries. Warding people away from ricer-lust is good. I've been there, fortunately, before I began spending money on modifying my car. I know I'm not driving a Corvette (Or AM I? )

Eh. Some people like show more than go. Go is always the more expensive route upfront, so a lot of people go for show because you're popular if your car merely looks the part.

I just want my car to handle and stop better than stock when I push it. Later, I've got a couple of cosmetic changes I'll make but the suspension stuff is more important to me, atm.

3rd generation Prelude Si's are nice cars

your smart. keep limits and stuff. im sorry if i sounded pissy but some kid was talking shit about my car earlier. ya he has a 96 civic and i am only driving a 90 prelude si. hes bragging bout his body kit rims neons carbon fiber hood and whatnot. his mom and dad paid for everything. makes me sick knowing he spent 18 grand so far on that car and i can still kik his dumass. a 1.6 sohc with zero performance mods. and he thinks he has me beat. tells people he beat me and stuff. i took him by three car lengths without trying on the 1/4. and i am over 212 thousand miles on that thing
Old 04-20-2004, 09:01 PM
BB6Driver
mini Ferarri

So... the consensus is... Tanabe is as good as Spoon?

Quick Reply: Strut Bars: Tanabe vs. Spoon