Notices

Type R Surgery

Old 07-23-2003, 09:29 AM
RGoose18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to remove my rear bumper to knock out a ding that some bozo gave me. Now I can't really seem to get it to fit the way it was from the factory. Has anyone ever taken their rear bumpers off? There's a gap in the bumper that I can't close. Any suggestions?
Old 07-23-2003, 09:45 AM
swtxaznrac3r

post pic's so we know exactly what you mean
Old 07-23-2003, 11:05 AM
BLKITR

First, make sure that you didn't break or damage any of the clips that attach to the top and sides of the rear bumper. Then double check to make sure that you have attached all screws and fully clip the bumper into all clips (especially the ones on both side, as there are two on the right side and two on the left side, I think). If the bumper is not fully clipped, it will cause a gap.

I might help to get a little more info. When you say "gap", where do you mean? Underneath the lights? Near one side or both sides? It is more of a sag (i.e. bumper hanging lower than normal)? A more detailed description might help us help you 8) .
Old 07-23-2003, 09:58 PM
RGoose18

Yes, it's more like a sag. About a foot behind the rear wheel the bumper slightly curves up, most tegs have a slight gap here, although on mine it's more severe
Old 07-24-2003, 05:01 PM
BLKITR

I would take off the bumper again and make sure that clips on the car aren't bent. If they are bent, gently bend them back. Also make sure the bumper (when not mounted on the car) looks okay when sitting on the ground (preferable sitting on the ground on a blanket).

It sort of sounds like when you took it off, you might have bent the bumper plastic panel a bit too much on the right side. I can't think of anything else to try. Sorry, anyone else have an idea?

If you still need help, try doing a search or posting on www.honda-tech.com. They have some pretty knowledgable people of that board. The Type-R section is pretty good, too.