Notices

Im new to the acura

Old 07-20-2003, 10:44 AM
acura90integra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased a 1990 acura integra and it came with 17's and a great tint job on it. I know nothing about the import compacts. my neon I can do any thing to it. Is what I want to know is the bigger engine swaps I can do how much can the 1.8 ltr dohc handle when it comes to mods? is there body kits and what can you all tell me about this car besides it handles good and is a solid frame stock. I love this car but it has to prove its self to me like the neon has done already. The car is a gs dohc 5 speed.
Old 07-20-2003, 12:19 PM
kabob

Dude, there's waaaaay too much to cover to generalize and answer your questions properly. I'd strongly recommend you browse through honda-acura.net (for show questions and decent technical info) and honda-tech.com (indepth technical info) and post any additional questions you may have over there.
Old 07-20-2003, 07:58 PM
jetydosa

Honestly, I would tell you to go over to the sites previously mentioned and do some searching in the "Integra" forums. While there are some very knowlegable people here on these forums, the people there will likely be more familar with your generation/model Integra.

Good luck to you,
Old 07-20-2003, 09:24 PM
40calpal

Yeah, i mean there is pretty much nothing u CAN'T do to these cars. Shoot they're Honda's. Think of all the mods for u'r Neon and double it. Thats about what it comes down to on Integra's (part of the reason i love them) and they'r not as common as Civics.

If my memory serves me right i think i've seen a BMW 3.0 or 3.5 dropped in an R. so maybe u could do it to a 90 GS b/c weren't those 2.0's? Although there may have to be some fittings redone. :?

Yeah and look around of the web, they're tons of stuff u can find on Integra's.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:48 AM
Dave-ROR

Originally Posted by 40calpal
Yeah, i mean there is pretty much nothing u CAN'T do to these cars. Shoot they're Honda's. Think of all the mods for u'r Neon and double it. Thats about what it comes down to on Integra's (part of the reason i love them) and they'r not as common as Civics.

If my memory serves me right i think i've seen a BMW 3.0 or 3.5 dropped in an R. so maybe u could do it to a 90 GS b/c weren't those 2.0's? Although there may have to be some fittings redone. :?

Yeah and look around of the web, they're tons of stuff u can find on Integra's.
There has never been a stock USDM 2 liter integra, until the DC5 RSX.

Gen 1's rocked D16s
Gen 2's used B18A's (LS/RS/GS) and B17A's (GSR)
Gen 3's used B18B's (RS/LS/GS), B18C1's (GSR) and B18C5 (ITR)
Gen 4's use the K20A so far (RSX)

That's for USDM integras..
Old 07-21-2003, 09:25 AM
Opie

I'D GO WITH A B16(CIVIC SI), SAVE SOME MONEY AND FILL IT WITH TYPE R INTERNALS. IT'LL COST YOU LESS AND MAKE ABOUT AS MUCH POWER AS A TYPE R MOTOR. I'M PRETTY SURE THAT THE B16 HAS A HIGHER REVVING CAPABILITY THAN ANY OTHER DOHC VTEC ALSO.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:12 AM
kabob

What kind of advice is that? He said he already owns a Gen 2 Integra and wants to know what mods are available, not what Honda he should have bought instead :lol:
Old 09-06-2003, 08:57 PM
acura90integra

so my motor is a b18a and the car is a 2nd gen. Is this a good motor? and one more thing this is not an integra forum?
Old 09-06-2003, 09:04 PM
BillC

B18's are great motors......all around....vtec and non-vtec........
This is an Integra type R forum...... if you want something a little more specific for your car try www.team-integra.net
my sn is jdmdc2integra
or try g2ic.com never been there, but I know a lot of 2nd gen teg owners that go there.......