Notices

Stroker Kit

Old 07-20-2003, 05:23 AM
98 CW ITR 322

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have daily driven my R daily for 5 years(88K). It's burning oil big time and mileage is down. A good engine when new, it dynoed at 195 flywheel post break in. Runs Mobil 1 always. Have test driven a 350Z and an EVO 8. and others and they only remind me what a GREAT machine the R is. It got 34 MPG highway and the top was 150MPH so I'm thinking about having the engine rebuilt with a shorter dif' gear (Cops tend to notice white R's @150MPH).
I've considered a stroker kit. Is this a good choice if I add a Jackson 'Charger in the future? Has anyone had this oil consumption problem? Is it due to the single ring pistons? Does anyone know who can do the engine work in the Dallas area? I don't want a ricer "hack" job done on my car. BTW, some wrote in about a "Fart" noise and I've noticed this occasionally when I shift gears...a sort of PISH sound almost like a waste gate on a turbo. Seems to happen when I back off the gas and get back on it again.This has baffled me too. I feel the need...the need for speed!