Notices

Car transport carriers

Old 03-25-2003, 07:51 PM
40calpal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey i'm getting ready to puchase a car in Florida and i live in Texas and wanted to ship it in a closed trailer. Does anyone know of some good respectable companies with a good reputation? I was talking to the Acura part man over the phone and he said to be careful b/c some of the companies he's used came back with his car scratched and sent to the wrong location.
Old 03-26-2003, 08:18 AM
Aj

I used to manage a Ferrari/Porsche dealer in FL, and acutally rather than just getting one, you may want to either use a broker, or get a number of quotes. One of the most reputable is called exotic car transports, but there are dozens in the area that are all pretty good. If you go on the website for the Dupont registry, I think they have a listing for different car carriers, that would be a good place to start.

Let me know if you can't find anything and perhaps I can help. Keep in mind it's gonna cost you over a grand to do it enclosed this time of year.

Later,
Aj
Old 03-26-2003, 08:47 AM
DeanO

Because of the Type R's theft rate, I also had my 2001 Type R delivered from Seattle to North Carolina via enclosed carrier. I did extensive research for reputable companies, and I picked "Horseless Carriage Carriers." They deliver mostly high end cars like Ferraris and Porsches. I paid $1700 for door to door service. The car was delivered in perfect condition and as scheduled.

Dean

Old 03-26-2003, 11:59 AM
40calpal

Yeah i saw the horsless carriage webpage and am going to get a quote from them. Thanks for the help
Old 03-26-2003, 03:13 PM
kabob

Try: http://www.dasautoshippers.com/

My friend's used them multiple times, most recently a Maxima from his parents from California to here in TX for about $500-ish and you save an additional $100 by shipping it from a hub and picking it up at one of their hubs. He told me they've always been reliable and every single time he's gotten his vehicles ahead of schedule.
Old 03-30-2003, 07:06 AM
jdm cw type r

BEFORE I BOUGHT MY TYPE R I BOUGHT A SUPERSONIC BLUE GSR FROM TEXAS I USED DAS SHIPPERS TO SHIP THE CAR FROM TEXAS TO MY FRONT DOOR IN CONNECTICUT THEY CHARGED ME 700.00 THE CAR CAME IN PERFECT CONDITION. DAS (DEPENDABLE AUTO SHIPPERS)[/b]