Notices

Having to clutch several times before getting in gear (help)

Old 03-24-2003, 01:23 PM
canadaitr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all,

I am new to the Type-r world and my car is giving me a bit of a problem. Sometimes when i come to a dead stop I can't get into gear (any gear); I have to press the clutch several times and only then can i get into gear (with hesitation). Also, if I turn the car off and try to shift into gear-no problems at all. I had posted about this problem a few days ago, but at that time I didn't figure out the fact that if I press the clutch several times the shifter does go into gear. I doubt it's the synchros. I have shifted at various rpms through the gears and everything seems to be fine. Could you all please throw some light on this.
Cheers,

canadaitr
Old 03-24-2003, 05:40 PM
kabob

How many miles do you have and have you tried changing your tranny fluid?

Also, you only need to let out the clutch once so that the transmission drops into neutral so you might be seeing symptoms of a greater tranny issue.
Old 03-24-2003, 05:42 PM
Trey

Sounds like the disc is broken and the springs are coming out. Not uncommn and happened to me 2 times in the last month so I know the feeling.

Get ready to buy a new clutch (Stay away from Cox Imports and Exedy)
Old 03-24-2003, 09:51 PM
Aj

You may also want to try and bleed it before taking any major action, it sounds like you might have a buble foating around, that could also be the case, althogh if the pedal doesn't feel mushy, it might be a little less likely. Unfortunately Trey does sound right it does sound like something like a broken disc. try everything simple first, then if all else fails, drop the tranny and check it out.

Good luck<
Aj