Notices

HyTech or Toda

Old 03-24-2003, 05:03 AM
JMUtype-r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im looking into getting an exhaust system for my 01 Type-r. I have a AEM CAI now and was wondering what yall thought would be a better exhaust system to look into. Ive heard alot about the HyTech header-exhaust system and a little on the Toda. What gains can i expect to get from both of these exhaust systems.
Thanks
Old 03-24-2003, 07:16 AM
Aj

Toda doesn't make an exhaust, so you just answered that one on your own. They make an intake and exhaust manifold, that's it. As far as their header goes, it's a real nice piece, I'd more likely go with that over the Hytech piece, just on it's JDM appeal, that, and the fact that it's less expensive, and it makes about the same power. Hytech exhaust from what I hear is very nice and flows very well. I personally run the Mugen exhaust and love it, and being that it's about the same pricem, I'd probably go with it, as even without a cat, it's quite and not at all raspy, where the hytech does flow a little better, but is more raspy, and a little louder.

Hytech is a great company, and if you have over 2300 bucks to spend on header, tp, and exhaust, then, by all means, I just can't see spending over a thousand bucks for a header. I guess it depends on what you're looking for. But if you're asking my opinion, go with the Toda.

Later,
Aj
Old 03-24-2003, 03:33 PM
integtypr01

hey if u really want a hytech header, i got a slightly cracked one (needs welded) that im trying to get rid of, that ill sell for way under what hytech wants for a new one which is about $1300
Old 03-24-2003, 09:38 PM
Aj

how much do you want for it???

Let me know,
Aj
Old 03-24-2003, 11:46 PM
itr

so do the hytech header crack easily???
Old 03-25-2003, 05:54 AM
Aj

No, but anything will crack if you wack it on a speed bump for example, hard enough.

That's another nice thing about the Toda, it has a lot of ground clearance...

Later,
Aj
Old 03-25-2003, 08:22 PM
Airbag

How does the mugen header compare to the toda. In terms of power(high end or low end) and in terms of noise.
Old 03-25-2003, 08:31 PM
40calpal

Hey AJ u runnin the mugen twin loop on u're R? Is it worth getting a whole new exhaust when the stock is fairly decent? I don't want my R to sound riced out what's out there thats quiet or should i just stick with stock exhaust?
Old 03-26-2003, 08:26 AM
Aj

Yes i run a mugen twin loop, and yes it's worth switching. It uses 2.5 inch piping, not to mention a 2.5 inch collector between pipes, it's fitment is perfect and the welds are amazing. The Mugen exhaust is not only nice and quite, but even without i cat, as I took mine off, it's not at all what so ever raspy, it realyl sounds great. It also gives a nice deep tone where the stock is a little winey in comparison especially without a cat.

Any way, good luck,
Aj
Old 03-26-2003, 04:17 PM
integtypr01

AJ- make an offer. im a little hesitant on selling it b/c i know what a great header it is, but i dont want to really deal with it. if i cant find someone who wants it, ill fix it, but id rather just get enough money to buy a new jdm one or something