Notices

New with an 2001 ITR!

Old 03-23-2003, 04:07 AM
BLAAK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased an ITR (ML007's). Wow, it's all what I hear about it but I need more info.

What I need is:

- any recalls for that year;
- technical hints (I will be taking it on the track, that's for sure!);
- performance (besides the obvious);
- maintenance (not the general stuff, stuff that you guys found out - such as oil consumption);
- any weaknesses (besides wanting to going really fast);
- car security.

I'm just too busy to be looking for the info on the net but I figured that this is the place to get the REAL info.

Thanks for your time! Unfortunately, I won't be able to go the Expo03 due work, perhaps next time - right BBQman.

Blaak, new owner since Friday
Old 03-23-2003, 11:02 AM
bbqman

Congradulations to you Blaak and my sincere condolences to you ML007 for your loss....hehe

You, my friend, have just purchased the ultimate used ITR. that thing is mint and I just waiting to be autocrossed and see track time.

Too bad for the Expo this year, but rest assure I will give you a full report!
Old 03-23-2003, 02:37 PM
BLAAK

Yeah baby.... :wink:

Once it's equipped with the right stuff, I'll be ready for anything.

I still can't believe that I got myself an ITR. It's hard not to look at it from my kitchen window!! Just an awesome mechanical genious. I got used to the red seats very quickly.

Do you get morons after you? :twisted:

Blaak 8)
Old 03-31-2003, 12:03 PM
ActiveAero

My advice now that I've had my R for a while is to leave it stock for at least 6 months. Spend your money on auto-x and the things needed for it such as tires and brake pads.

If you want to mod it just keep it simple at first and slap on a good I/H/E setup. That right there is good for high 13's in the right hands. Enjoy the stock suspension for what it is before you decide to upgrade. Throw on a decent set of front brake pads and flush the fluid. This should keep you pretty content for a while.

Althought my ITR was and still is extremely fast for the mods my current setup is kind of ghetto (exhaust leaks and a few other half ace stop gap parts). It's cheap and it works but I'm in the process of getting it cleaned up, replacing alot of preventive maintence items, and some more tuning to make sure it is running at tip top shape. After that I'm going to leave it alone for awhile a just enjoy it on the track for what it is.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:33 PM
BLAAK

You're practically on the nose with the mods. I do plan to put on some decent autocross tires (RA1s most probably). Actually, having autocrossed for the past 8 years, I know that tires is very important. Brakes, it'll Hawks in all corners and some Motul brake fluid. That should give me a little edge on most drivers.

Some lapping sessions will definitely be in my list of things to do to learn more about what this marvelous car can do. I just can't wait!!

I will most-likely autocross it next season since I'll be racing in a modified CRX. But, I may autocross it in non-championship events to get a good feel on the ITR.

Anyways, it's one hell of an impressive car despite what I read on other forum, where they put down the ITR. L O S E R ! ! ! or just plain jealous.

Blaak
Old 04-02-2003, 09:51 AM
cxSHOE
RareParts BountyHunter

recall info. not sure if you had it..

http://www.alldata.com/recall/make/A...e_R_Coupe.html