Notices

Toda Spec-C

Old 03-21-2003, 08:28 AM
Aj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone running toda spec-c on the street?????

I just got a set, havn't yet put em' in, and wanted to find out what you guys thought as far as drivability, and the supposed huge V-tec dip that they create, even with tunning???
I'm still able to trade them for a set of B's, but need to know soon, as I'm in process of building my motor.

Thanks,
Aj
Old 03-21-2003, 11:48 AM
pUrExTc
殺生丸

Spec-C's are a bit drastic for a daily driven street car. That's why I'm probably going to go with Spec-A's. If you call Kingmotorsports, their sales Rep. Eric currently has Spec-C's in his ITR (but it's strictly a track car). After talking to him, I changed my mind from going Spec-C's to Spec-A's (but if you're making your car a track car, go for it!).
Old 03-21-2003, 05:31 PM
Aj

Well, it's my daily driver as well, but I looked up the specs on line, and in comparison with my Skunk2 stage 2 that i run now, which are comperable to spec-b's, they really aren't much worse, so I'm not all that worried about it I guess, I was just looking for tips. I run a hondata, so I can tune it out to run pretty well, even with really high lift cams, I was just wondering about anything maybe someone who has a set would know prior to me getting them

As far as spec A's, get the B's instead, you'll be glad you did. And although spec A's will give you some power, you'll be pretty pissed when someone with skunk2 stage 2 cams and not a lot else done to their car is keeping up with you if not beating you, after spending half the money....If I were you, I'd either get the B's or put the money else where, becuase in the case of spec-A's you're paying for the name. the reason I'd buy the spec-C is that the cams have the highest lift and duration of any cam on the market, with the exception of the skunk2 stage 3 which has a higher lift on the intake side, but a smaller durration and a much smaller lift and durration on the exhaust side. In the case of the B's and C's, you're paying for power, for A's, it's just to say you have Toda cams. There are a billion other cams on the market for half the price of the A's that make a lot more power, the C's or B's there are only like one or two, and the price difference isn't much....

Any way, of course, just my opinion.

Later,
Aj
Old 03-26-2003, 12:43 PM
TypeRPaul

so if i was planning on keeping my car as a street/track car and was deciding between the toda b's or skunk2 stage 2 the toda's make more power and are still streetable?
Old 03-26-2003, 12:48 PM
Aj

Yeah, but the amount of horse power the B's make over the stage 2's is very small, you're talking about a couple wheel horsepower, not worth it to switch, where the spec-C is spupposed to make a good deal more...

I'll post my results when I'm done breaking in my car, though it may not be for a while.

Later,
Aj
Old 03-26-2003, 09:14 PM
TypeRPaul

ok so if i can get the toda's at the same price as the skunk2's i should get them, also will i be able to make a good amount of power on stock compression? maybe bumped up wil a slight mill and thinner head gasket?
Old 03-26-2003, 09:15 PM
Aj

Not absolutely necesary, but I would highly advice getting your compression up there as much as you can...and yes get the Toda's.

Later,
Aj
Old 03-26-2003, 09:20 PM
TypeRPaul

thanks Aj if your ever out on the west coast i owe ya a cold one for all your tech help. thanks again