Notices

Finally dropped my car off

Old 03-19-2003, 06:30 AM
Erik B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is at Jotech Motorsports right now getting my custom Turbo kit put in. Here is what I went with. Let me know if you like don't like and I'll keep you posted by the end of this week with some dyno numbers:

Rev Hard mani
XS Engineering IC (24x11x3 polished end tanks)
T3/To4e 60 trim, .63 ar (Polished compressor housing/hot black coated Turbine housing)
Tail waste gate .3 bar
HKS SS BOV
SS oil return lines
Greedy Power Ex 3 inch full exhaust
2.5 inch flared to a 3 inch Down Pipe
3 inch test pipe
SS piping
OBD1 ECU/BB Harnest
VAFC
AEM Fuel rail
Vortch 12:1 FMU
Apex Turbo Timer
Greddy Boost gauge
Tuning, Tuning and some more Tuning

Thats all I can think of. I'm sure I left a few things out. (I'm hoping to put down close to 300whp plus thats what Tony from Jotech said I should be putting down with 5-6psi :shock: ) What you guys think?
Old 03-19-2003, 08:13 AM
Jan Niemi

Eric,
Are you running stock injectors?
Old 03-19-2003, 11:30 AM
Erik B

Yeah shouldn't need any bigger till I hit for more boost. Thats coming soon though. Bigger injectors, Hondata, rods, pistons.......
Old 03-19-2003, 02:29 PM
Beasty18C5

isn't the greddy evo a 60mm 2.36" or 70mm 2.755" I wasn't awere of the 3 inch. is the downpipe custom made?
Old 03-20-2003, 07:05 PM
1320blitz

you should be close to 300 with that set up. id be a little worried about useing stock injectors with any amount of boost, but if jotech is doing the tuning im not gonna argue with their logic. i heard about this greddy 3" exhaust i seen pictures of a couple of them before,can you confirm there actually 3" and can jotech or somebody you know get them?
Old 03-21-2003, 05:40 AM
Erik B

Its the Greddy Power Extreme not the EVO. Yeah Jotech gets them. You can't find any info on the net about it. Hell I called Greddy cuz I wanted to see and pic of it and this is how it was explained to me. They give the supplies to a dealer her in the states (can't remember the name but if you call greddy they'll tell you) and they build it and distribute it. I called them and the price was alot more then Jotech so I got it through Jotech. To kind give you guys an idea on what it looks like. I wanted a few things from my exhaust. I wanted it to have a Apexi N1 style muffler (which it has) I wanted 3 inches for quicker Turbo spool up (which it has) and just being the picky dick that I am I wanted the exhaust to kinda angle off to the side like a Supra or WRX exhaust would do(which it does) I'll post pics here really soon. My car should be done Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Also the down pipe is custom all the way to the exhaust. I was going to have it flared but it cost 2x as much and was told that 300+ whp can be more then possible with a 2.5inch and thats what I want right now so I'm going 2.5. If anyone has anyother questions feel free to ask. Oh yeah I post it was SS piping but I'm getting Aluminum piping(It looks better)
Old 03-21-2003, 08:21 AM
Jan Niemi

I am excited for you Eric, you will be very happy with that setup, there are a few things I would do different, but you've said the key word "Jotech". If they agree with everything, then I am sure they can tune it pretty well. The car will run rich with the FMU, but I ran mine that way for almost 2 years and dozens of times on the dragstrip, please post some pics and your reactions to boosted R power as soon as possible.
Old 03-21-2003, 12:57 PM
Erik B

Man I freaking can't wait......it's been on going for like 2 months now....Anyway as far as the setup thats all them, I told them kinda what I wanted and how much power I wanted and they put the kit together for me....after doing some research I found theres a few thing that could have been done diffrent but money is tight after what I dropped on this setup. I'll run this for a few years then I'll be up grading the injectors, hondata, and the motor. I do a lil go then a lil mo show then somemore go (which is where I am at right now) then I'm doing some mo show and finish her off with a whole lota go :wink: I'll keep you posted...the drive back from the shop should be intresting (about 180 mile drive from Dallas to where I'm at)
Old 05-18-2003, 08:04 PM
KuruptRacing

hey erik I like your car a lot. Its probably the sickest one I've seen. I'm planing on turboin my car less then a month away and I have some questions. Where did you buy your piping at? and downpipe and dumptube? also how much boost are u running?
Old 05-19-2003, 11:21 AM
Worangejuice32

How much did all that cost??