Notices

tires

Old 03-18-2003, 03:24 PM
integtypr01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys its time for me to get some new tires. i was pretty satisfied w/ the so-3s. but i found they didnt stick too well. i read the other disscussions about tires, but there was too much info and i got a little confused :shock: anyway, i need tires that will be good for the street, but that will also do good at the track. i was thinkin about azenis, but i want some that will last a little longer. any suggestions?
thanks
laura
Old 03-18-2003, 05:04 PM
kabob

Azenis are a terrible daily drive tire. They wear too quickly and have no all-season capability whatsoever. I keep my Azenis on a seperate set of Euro ITR rims for racing and have my stock guns for daily duty.

I'd recommend the Yokohama AVS ES100. It's the latest Yok tire to replace their Parada series and it's receiving good reviews for a good combination of performance grip while still retaining some all-season capability (be warned that it's still considered a summer tire so don't expect to drive effectively through heavy rain or snow) and excellent treadwear rating at 280 (as opposed to the Azenis' rating of 200).
Old 03-18-2003, 07:39 PM
sscguy

Hmm...and I just got my Falkens for dual-purpose track/daily driving summer style...I do have the ES100s on my GTi since last summer though, and they are quite nice. A little noisy, but not too bad, loads of grip, very predictable from what I could tell. My brother will be getting them for his jetta, but apparently Yokohama is out of stock right now?
Old 03-18-2003, 08:39 PM
97 TYPE-R 312

AZENIS rock in everything BUT snow! I love them, off and on the track. I just ran VIR Full in the POURING RAIN, worse rain experience for NASA VA in 3 years. Had a BLAST and felt in controll at all times passing RWD's!! As for wear, for the money they can't be beat!

Thanks,
Victor