Notices

Help!!!

Old 03-02-2004, 03:23 PM
OldLude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!

Okay, this is my first time posting. I don't know too much about cars and I'm a girl(what a cliche) so please bare with me. I own an 89 Prelude and about 3 months ago when trying to start my car at home the engine just kept turning over. Jumping it didn't work. But what ended up working was that my friend flipped a switch under the hood close to the top of the hood that apparently allowed the gas to flow to the engine. So my problem was that the gas wasn't getting to the engine. (Clogged fuel injectors??)

Anyways, it didn't happen again until today. I am off at school and miles from home so unfortunately I was trying to explain to my dear old mom where the switch was located. And apparently I have no idea! I thought I knew but she can't find it and it is difficult over the phone. So my plea to anyone out there is to explain to me exactly where this switch is? ... what it is? ... and if there are any pictures of it? I have been searching online and can't find anything and my car manual was stolen so I have nothing. Except you! Hopefully. I know this is a long post, but any help would be appreciated. I really don't want to pay for a tow truck.
Thanks so much
Old 03-03-2004, 04:45 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

:eh:.. what gives.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 03-03-2004, 05:40 PM
qtiger

:eek3:
Old 03-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Mr Hyde
Accord Forum Moderator

:thinking: I have no idea what she is talking about, but why is this thread here?

The TL-S / The 540i
Old 03-03-2004, 06:11 PM
Daniel

Not quite sure myself. I know that good 'ol Mr. Frenchy has been spamming the boards, let's see if anyone can help the Ms. with her car.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:59 PM
ludeboom

sounds as tho you may have a kill switch wired to your fuel pump.
i had a 90 si at one time, rebuilt its head and never saw a "switch" under the hood soooo...

do u get dash lights when ignition is on? (i assume yes since it cranks)
if so...remove the 4 spark plug wires and insert a screwdriver into the plug wire tubes. hold the screwdriver about 1 inch or less from the valve cover and check for spark on each cylinder while someone cranks the engine for a few seconds each time. also try smelling the muffler while someone cold cranks the car...if you smell noticable gasoline then you are not getting spark.
if you dont smell any gas than its probably the fuel system.
does the car just not start or were you driving it when this happened?

if u answer those questions we can go from there

~boom