Notices

Anybody have a lug to spare?

Old 02-27-2004, 06:50 PM
Pelka
::..Prelude..::

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody have a lug to spare?

Honda wants $10 bucks for ONE lug. The tire shop f***in cross threaded my lug. When i went to take it off it snapped so i had to replace the stud. Now i need ONE lug, went to honda figuring maybe $4-5 they want $10! And its gonna take a week to get. Anyone have a lug to spare, or know any where they sell the lug for cheap. I went to my local AutoZone but they showed me this little lug and it doesnt look anything like my lug. Any help is apprecieted!
Old 02-27-2004, 08:00 PM
TheCrazyRussian
'93 Prelude Si stock...

Go to some junkyard / salvage wrecking yard, preferably a honda one, they will give them to you for almost free...
Old 02-28-2004, 03:05 AM
Pelka

Originally Posted by TheCrazyRussian
Go to some junkyard / salvage wrecking yard, preferably a honda one, they will give them to you for almost free...
Its the bald acorn lug... Honda said they are rare. Ill try the junkyard but i doubt they'll find me a match.
Old 02-28-2004, 06:18 PM
jc836

What Honda dealer would say that? Most have a bin full of them. Look the parts person in the face and let them know the lugnut is worth all of ~$5.50 retail. I have no idea what they weigh and which one you really need-but I do have them for both aPrelude and a CRX and that is what I paid.
Old 02-28-2004, 08:45 PM
Pelka

Originally Posted by jc836
What Honda dealer would say that? Most have a bin full of them. Look the parts person in the face and let them know the lugnut is worth all of ~$5.50 retail. I have no idea what they weigh and which one you really need-but I do have them for both aPrelude and a CRX and that is what I paid.
Yea Majestic Honda has got it for $5.15. Is that the right type? Part 23.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...ry5=WHEEL+DISK
Old 02-29-2004, 11:08 AM
jc836

Yes it is Part #23 on the drawing. You can verify the thread pattern at any dealership. Another source is McGard-look on their site to see what they offer so you can verify the size. I use the 'spline drive' lug nuts instead of the stock ones on our race rims and as far as I can see they are the same for both the Prelude and CRX. Hope that helps.
Old 02-29-2004, 12:55 PM
ludeboom

i have a coffee can full of 4g prelude lug nuts

~boom
Old 02-29-2004, 03:33 PM
Pelka

Originally Posted by jc836
Yes it is Part #23 on the drawing. You can verify the thread pattern at any dealership. Another source is McGard-look on their site to see what they offer so you can verify the size. I use the 'spline drive' lug nuts instead of the stock ones on our race rims and as far as I can see they are the same for both the Prelude and CRX. Hope that helps.
Thanks a million jc836 and boom you've got a PM or go on AIM.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:49 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

My autozone has all the lug nut types I ever need, for like $1 each. Did you ask to look at the types they have? They'll normally have about four styles in each thread pattern.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:17 AM
Pelka

Originally Posted by Kai
My autozone has all the lug nut types I ever need, for like $1 each. Did you ask to look at the types they have? They'll normally have about four styles in each thread pattern.
Yea i went to them but they had a really small length to it so the lug on there now is from autozone for temp. Boom is sending me a lug they dont have the right one its way too small.

Quick Reply: Anybody have a lug to spare?