Notices

Engine flooding with JRSC (too much gas)

Old 02-27-2004, 08:53 AM
Lenn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine flooding with JRSC (too much gas)

I've already posted on honda-tech, but just to get as much help as possible... i'm posting again:

Hey, i've been having problems with my JRSC, more specifically something with the fuel system.

The shop that has my car has removed the JR EMS and the JR Fuel pressure regulator. The car idles relatively well, and after idling the car for hours and turning it off, the engine will flood, and wont start. I'm thinking that residual fuel pressure in the rail is being released into the cylinders after the car is shut off, but is that enough to flood the engine? I have the walbro (sp?) pump installed, stock injectors, AEM CAI, the blower is still attached, but like i said before, the EMS and FPU have been removed. The engine was flooding with or without the EMS and FPU, so what else could it be? Is there anything else is hould be looking at before swapping back in the stock fuel pump (keeping in mind that i never had a flooding problem before i replaced the head)

Will adjusting the valves (there is a fair amount of valve tapping) fix this problem? Thanks in advance!
Old 02-27-2004, 03:21 PM
BigLew

That doesn't make any sense to me, how do they know for sure it's flooding? The residual pressure in the rail doesn't make sense because it has a return line your tank. Also injectors would have to be open after you turned the car off.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:20 PM
Lenn

well the residual fuel pressure thing was just my un-thought out idea, but they are almost positive that the engine is flooding, all of the plugs are just soaked, they have to be dried out before they can get it started.... they also wait for the gas to evaporate before cranking again...
Old 02-27-2004, 06:33 PM
BigLew

Maybe forcing your injectors to stay open then, if your injectors close properly then the fuel should just go back through the return line.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:19 PM
bigjussin

Originally Posted by BigLew
Maybe forcing your injectors to stay open then, if your injectors close properly then the fuel should just go back through the return line.

what size walbro pump are u using?

its still flooding out with the jackson fuel box and fpr removed? what about jus the stock fpr and injectors with the walbro pump, does it flood then?

id almost say ditch the jackson box and reg, and go hondata with boost, or vafc hack...both are about the same price
Old 02-28-2004, 08:10 AM
Lenn

hey, i'm using a 255 walbro, the motor is still flooding without the EMS, FMU, and VAFC, my shop is suggesting me to get the stock pump as well, but i never had these issues before i replaced the head, and the fuel system should be independant from the head replacement.

The head i replaced with right now was used for about 10k miles, SS valves, but theres is a significant amount of valve tapping. Will a valve adjustment help my flooding issue?
Old 03-02-2004, 07:15 AM
bigjussin

Default small possibility

Originally Posted by Lenn
hey, i'm using a 255 walbro, the motor is still flooding without the EMS, FMU, and VAFC, my shop is suggesting me to get the stock pump as well, but i never had these issues before i replaced the head, and the fuel system should be independant from the head replacement.

The head i replaced with right now was used for about 10k miles, SS valves, but theres is a significant amount of valve tapping. Will a valve adjustment help my flooding issue?
a valve adjustment is vital to a good long engine life anyways...as far as it adding to much gas, well it might be allowing too much air in, and then the ecu would reply with more gas, which could be flooding it out....since the head was swapped, make sure all the vacuum lines are free of pinholes, especially the ones to the fpr....i am running a walbro 255 on mine, with 345cc injectors and an aem fuel filter....way too much gfas for an NA car, but my vafc will take care of it....list the full setup of your car, and i will pass it along to a few to see about getting it fized...peace