Notices

I made history last night......!!!!!

Old 01-30-2004, 04:58 PM
ludeconduct8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I made history last night......!!!!!

Well as the title says I made some history last night....

I just got my car back from the shop (new timing belt, timing belt tensioner) becuase the tensioner failed and the belt fell off and yeah...no damage was done that time...everything was replaced and working great....so im driving my car last night testing out the new vavle springs and retainers the second run back down the road i was shifting into 4th at around 7500 rpm and 95 mph ( my friend was in the car with me) he heard a pop.. i just thought i mis shifted or something...i looked in the rear view mirror and i see a cloud of smoke...hrm...i look at the tach and its at 0 rpm.....i coasted to a side street and looked and the timing belt fell off again...ahh shit...but thats not the coolest part yet..

we towd the car back to my mechanics house..

this morning we were going to take off the head and see it any vavles were bent. i took the vavle cover off and another guy that was there said he is that normal...he was talking about a big CHIP out of the vtec lobe...ahh shit right...well we looked closer and ****KKKKK****KK both cams were shattered in 4 places each......every vavle was bent.....by some act of god the pistons were seemingly ok.....

but jeses i shattered 2 Crower cam shafts......

pics to be posted soon
Old 01-30-2004, 07:09 PM
4bidden

I used to think this was only a B-series thing in a certain batch but this is the 2nd story on a H-series I've heard within 2 weeks.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:01 PM
ludeconduct8

do you remember what the causes were in the other storys?
Old 02-02-2004, 08:31 PM
BlackShLude

:sad: i feel for you man :sad:
Old 02-03-2004, 07:17 AM
ludeconduct8

i spoke with the Crower guy yesterday and before i could even finish my sentence he said they would replace them.....i have to send them back and he said he would go from there about the other damage to my engine.
Old 02-04-2004, 01:10 PM
ludeboom

Originally Posted by ludeconduct8
i spoke with the Crower guy yesterday and before i could even finish my sentence he said they would replace them.....i have to send them back and he said he would go from there about the other damage to my engine.
d00d
are you serious
how many times are you gonna let this "mechanic" change your belt

i changed mine at 40k and its at 53k now, i also built my motor (and others) and mine made it to 40 the first time (which i used the old tensioner too) with no problems
i just dont see how this could be happening unless this mechanic is a total **** up.

is he aligning the balancers correctly while installing the belt?

btw - great news about crower

~boom
Old 02-05-2004, 11:56 AM
ludeconduct8

yeah im wondering the same thing with this mechanic.....so when i get things figured out im going to send the motor to a machine shop and have them build it maybe install it as well......

he was aligning the balancers correctly......i helped him do it.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:08 PM
ludeboom

Originally Posted by ludeconduct8
yeah im wondering the same thing with this mechanic.....so when i get things figured out im going to send the motor to a machine shop and have them build it maybe install it as well......

he was aligning the balancers correctly......i helped him do it.
does this guy have experience with hondas or is he just "the average mechanic" who's never heard of VTEC or DOHC or an aluminum block?

~boom
Old 02-06-2004, 10:54 AM
98SH_Stocker

i changed mine at 40k
Why so soon?
Old 02-06-2004, 02:23 PM
ludeboom

Originally Posted by 98SH_Stocker
Why so soon?
1. - its my baby
2. - i shattered (and i mean shattered) the sprung hub on my stock clutch disc

so it was time to pull the motor and take it apart, see how everything looked after 40k, change the clutch/PP/RB, and of course timing belt is a 20 minute job with the engine out soooo...

also changed the slave cylinder, added cam gears, cleaned out the tranny, changed synchros, etc.

its got my h23a1 tranny on it, i had the h22 tranny right after i changed the clutch, but decided to pull the motor again 7 days later and reinstall the h23a1 tranny. the top end and highway acceleration is so much better on the h23a1 tranny, and it allows me to match 03 mustang GT's and camaros in 4th gear on the highway

~boom

Quick Reply: I made history last night......!!!!!