Notices

soundproofing the trunk

Old 12-24-2003, 10:56 AM
5thgenAccordEX
The Italian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default soundproofing the trunk

my goal over break is to soundproof my trunk, just wondering if anyone has any tips or places that are notorious for rattling that i can just tighten down right away....thanks for the help guys!

p.s. i have a dash rattle too coming from my glovebox, any ideas?
Old 12-24-2003, 11:19 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

rear deck lid (where the rear speakers are housed). my 6th gen deck rattles ALOT.
Old 12-24-2003, 05:40 PM
pirate252

I did this the cheap way since i didnt want to fork out the cash for dynomat...

First my rear licence plate was rattling so i just took some spay adhesive and glued a peice of tar paper over the back of the licence plate. Stopped it from rattling and saved me 25 bucks for a dynomat licence plate thing.

Then i took out all of my trunk lining, (its not that hard) and spayed the underside of it all with "rubberized undercoating" (or somthing like that), you know the stuff that you would spay under your wheels in the fender linings to prevent rust. Well on the can it also said it would help baffle road noise, so i figured it would do the same in my trunk, and since its like spray on rubber, it would kill all the vibrations between the lining and the metal too.

So i just spayed that on the back of all the linings...and then put them all back in, since its under the lining, no one will ever see it and it wount depreciate the value of the car since it doesnt look like crap.

There was a few other spots like the licence plate frame, the whole peice slides out from your trunk, i sprayed the inside of that with it too...

Anyways it took a few hours and cost like 25 bucks, better than close to 200 for dynomat.

If you want more details just ask...
Old 12-26-2003, 03:57 PM
b12uceHuy
Jizz Maste12

Originally posted by pirate252
I did this the cheap way since i didnt want to fork out the cash for dynomat...

So i just spayed that on the back of all the linings...and then put them all back in, since its under the lining, no one will ever see it and it wount depreciate the value of the car since it doesnt look like crap.

Anyways it took a few hours and cost like 25 bucks, better than close to 200 for dynomat.

If you want more details just ask...
So did it work?
I bought a can of spray foam and sprayed the trunk lid with it inside the lid. That helped a little but I notice that the noise is really coming from the sides of the rear bumpers (side markers). Also the \---------/ middle of the light that is connected to the trunk lid. When ever my sub thumps it would make this rattling noise sounds like crap. But when I press (put pressure) it the rattling would stop.