Notices

just ordered 2004 accord mods yay

Old 12-23-2003, 01:44 PM
umm eff you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just ordered 2004 accord mods yay

so i just got lots of fun things for my car. i got a aem intake,APEXi N1 exhaust,tein s-tech springs and a nuespeed shortshifter woo hoo. ill get some pictures for you guys once i install it all
Old 12-23-2003, 06:09 PM
GenXer
Registered Honda user

I have an '04 also. I'd like to see how your mods work out. I'm just curious though...aren't you guys who mod the newish cars concerned with voiding the factory warranty? (I'm not trying to bash anyone) Any one of those things you mentioned will make it void. My brother is a Honda tech. and he has told me stories of denied warranty claims from guys who bolted on aftermarket stuff. Example: He told me about one guy with an S2000 who came in to the shop with a blown engine. The shop foreman took one look under the hood, and spotted an aftermarket header. He closed the hood and sent the owner packing. NO coverage. I guess if someone has the cash to fix it themselves when things break, that's their business...What kind of experiences have you and other people in this forum had with Honda shops?
Old 12-23-2003, 06:40 PM
AccordManiac
Korean Member

Best thing you can do..
Use aftermarket stuff.
When car have problem(s).. reinstall the OEM part(s) ..
and take your can in for warrenty work!
Old 12-24-2003, 01:25 AM
umm eff you

haha exactly. if something goes wrong im just going to bolt the oem intake or oem shifter and whatnot back on...they may know u had aftermarket on but they cant prove it woo hoo...but to answer your question no my friend and i have not had any problems with voids
Old 12-24-2003, 03:10 AM
03accordcoupe
^New car...2003 BMW 330ci

Originally posted by mrksts
I have an '04 also. I'd like to see how your mods work out. I'm just curious though...aren't you guys who mod the newish cars concerned with voiding the factory warranty? (I'm not trying to bash anyone) Any one of those things you mentioned will make it void. My brother is a Honda tech. and he has told me stories of denied warranty claims from guys who bolted on aftermarket stuff. Example: He told me about one guy with an S2000 who came in to the shop with a blown engine. The shop foreman took one look under the hood, and spotted an aftermarket header. He closed the hood and sent the owner packing. NO coverage. I guess if someone has the cash to fix it themselves when things break, that's their business...What kind of experiences have you and other people in this forum had with Honda shops?

It depends on the dealer, it doesn't void the warranty. If you lower it or change the suspension, it will void just the suspension warranty. If you get an intake, it's so common that it will void the intake manifold but thats it(unless of course you hydrolock). Most dealers don't care all that much about the basic bolt ons. The guy with the S2000 only had a bolt on exhaust modification, that dealer must have been ridiculously strict. 99% of dealers will honor the full warranty with bolt ons(intake/headers/exhaust)...its when you get to things like forced induction/nitrous/VAFC tuning that you start voiding the warranty.