Notices

Getting speakers in a 5th Gen

Old 12-22-2003, 08:40 AM
mrbrace
Goldenchild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting speakers in a 5th Gen

Does anyone know how to take off the doors to be able to get to the speakers in the front?

Also the back speakers...how the heack are you supposed to get to those? Anyways I am hoping that someone knows better than I do.

I am getting some new speakers for Christmas and I wanted to know how to put them in.

Also is there a way to have a bigger ground cable from the CD player to the car itself. The one I have now is small and I get a buzzing noise sometimes, so I wanted to put a bigger gauge ground cable on it.

Thanks
Old 12-22-2003, 08:22 PM
SWOOSHER21
Fight Rice

for the front ones, you just have to pop off the speaker cover. you basically just pull on it, it is held in by 3 little clips i think. there are 3 screws that hold the speaker in after you take off the cover. you will need a small screw driver for the top one, its a bitch. i just left that one out i think, b/c the speaker was held in firmly enough with the bottom two. for the back ones, you access the screws from the trunk. there are 4 screws for the speaker cover then you can undo the actual screws for the speaker bracket from inside the car if i recall correctly.
Old 12-22-2003, 08:52 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

don't listen to SWOOSHER, he'll have you buying some new door panels after you bust yours up:chuckles:

Sorry Swoosher

Aight, it's easy bro.
1. remove the phillips head screw inside of the recessed area where you grab the door to close it. Remove the phillps head screw just behind the lever where you open the door while you're at it. There's a clip/plug in the top lefthand corner just under the sail panel, remove it too.
2. remove the sail panel
3. with the door open, wedge ur finger tips between the door and the door panel(looking as if you're trying to claw the hell out of something) and pull pretty hard until the clip pops out. Slide your fingers across the bottom in the same "clawing" position as far as you can till you get to the next clip and pop it out. Do that all around until it's free.
4. grab the panel from front to back and lift it up and over the door lock, then you can undo the door latch from the door handle behind the panel, should be self explanatory and then disconnect the harness from the door light at the bottom of the panel. You will also have to disconnect the power locks/windows harness as well.

It sounds difficult, but it's cake. I just can't explain it very well but I hope it helps.

He is correct on the rear speakers though:thumbup:

As far as the ground in concerned, you aren't gonna accomplish anything by connecting your tiny ground lead off ur deck to a fat *ss ground no matter where you connect it to. If the ground you currently have is buzzing on you, just try a different location to ground it.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:55 AM
Weiman

its easy, and you have to take off the door panels^(oh and you have to remove the panel that covers the side mirrors, kind of a bia to take off, just use a phillips head and try to find the clip, remember to roll your windows down), for the back one it is also easy, u just have to unscrew them from your trunk. someone ghetto rigged my 6x9s in the back and they fell off, so i had to reenforce them with comething better.