Notices

ATTN: 5th Gen with 18x7.5 Owners

Old 12-20-2003, 09:08 AM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN: 5th Gen with 18x7.5 Owners

What did you do so it won't rub?

I have A set of Racing Hart M6 18x7.5 that's running on 215/35. I don't know of the offset :doh: since I bought it from this guy. My car is about 2-2.2" lowered all around. It MAY rub on bump and stuff. So beside Rolling Fenders what else you suggest that I Should do?

Thanks
Old 12-20-2003, 11:39 AM
I Like JDM
JDM Spec Tuner

probably b/c of your offset. got 18x.75 with +42mm offset on 225/40 tires dropped about 2 inches and no rubbing...rolling your fenders is the only thing you can do to help it.
Old 12-20-2003, 12:39 PM
jschmid

Are they the mulitpiece or the RH evo? If multipiece :bowdown:

If they are RH evo I bet your offset is 42. That's what all the 18x7.5 RH evo's are that I've seen. You can always pull a wheel off and look inside, they are ususally printed on the inside hub or a spoke.

I'd first find out where it's rubbing. Then you can have an idea of what needs to be adjusted.

215/35 eh, wow, not much tire under those.
Old 12-21-2003, 12:20 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Originally posted by jschmid
Are they the mulitpiece or the RH evo? If multipiece :bowdown:

If they are RH evo I bet your offset is 42. That's what all the 18x7.5 RH evo's are that I've seen. You can always pull a wheel off and look inside, they are ususally printed on the inside hub or a spoke.

I'd first find out where it's rubbing. Then you can have an idea of what needs to be adjusted.

215/35 eh, wow, not much tire under those.
They're not RH evo, they're Racing Hart M6 One Piece. I haven't got time to find the offset yet. I was planning on going 225/40 but it'll rub, so that why i went for 215/35 instead. Next Time, I'll try to get the 215/40.

Btw, I know that they'll rub over bumbs and stuff. I'll get my car to the alignment shop this comming Monday to check the camber to see if it's too positive. If it is, i'll have to readjust it then it would help some.

btw, I tried using the baseball bat to roll the fenders, tough luck. I'll prolly have to shave the lips myself.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:58 PM
jschmid

Originally posted by PoohBoi
They're not RH evo, they're Racing Hart M6 One Piece. I haven't got time to find the offset yet. I was planning on going 225/40 but it'll rub, so that why i went for 215/35 instead. Next Time, I'll try to get the 215/40.

Btw, I know that they'll rub over bumbs and stuff. I'll get my car to the alignment shop this comming Monday to check the camber to see if it's too positive. If it is, i'll have to readjust it then it would help some.

btw, I tried using the baseball bat to roll the fenders, tough luck. I'll prolly have to shave the lips myself.
Ah, okay, I one piece, I just figured the one-piece would be in the "evo" line.

I'd get an alignment and then see where it's hitting. On my car (I dunno if it would be similiar to your 5th gen on this, but...) I never rubbed until I got a camber kit, then rubbed on a bit of the fender lip. I increased the neg camber just a bit until it was rubbing on just a section of the rear bumper that comes up into the wheel well. Trimming that back has all but reduced my rubbing.

EDIT: My buddy has the multipiece, and I love 'em. I think he's got the 215/35 tires as well just cause that's what came on them when he bought them. Thought I'd share some pics:

(my old wheels in that pic)
Old 12-21-2003, 02:31 PM
93accord4door
upgraded to 97 ;]

shmiddy...i miss ur old wheels
Old 12-21-2003, 10:29 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

so I guess I'll increase that neg camber a lil so that It won't be out of the range and still save the wheel. Btw, I think I"mma trim off that lip of the fenders.

Wow, i'm surprise that his gap is exactly like mine. BTW, I also have the WW Wtype kit to I'll see what happen to morrow when I take it to the alignment shop.

Thanks jschmid.
Old 12-23-2003, 02:45 AM
bonestock

RH m6's are EVO's i believe. i have 18x7.5 RH Evo M7000's w/ +42 offset and 225/40/18 tires. no rubbing even w/ camber kit at a 2'' drop.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:49 AM
94AccordSedanEX

Lowered on Neuspeed Sports and KYB AGX w/ 18's, when I turn right, I hear my front left wheel rubbing the fenderwell. I rolled my fender's before and it helped stop them from rubbing the actual fender, but I have yet to fix the fender lining rubbing. Getting kind of iritating now also.
Old 12-23-2003, 04:45 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Originally posted by bonestock
RH m6's are EVO's i believe. i have 18x7.5 RH Evo M7000's w/ +42 offset and 225/40/18 tires. no rubbing even w/ camber kit at a 2'' drop.
i double checked, they're genuine racing hart, they had that printed on each of the wheels, and the caps said racing hart also.

Btw, can you post pics of your ride, and especially where the wheels&fenders are.

Originally posted by 94AccordSedanEX
Lowered on Neuspeed Sports and KYB AGX w/ 18's, when I turn right, I hear my front left wheel rubbing the fenderwell. I rolled my fender's before and it helped stop them from rubbing the actual fender, but I have yet to fix the fender lining rubbing. Getting kind of iritating now also.
By the way, how did u roll your fender, I followed cryogen's guide of using the baseball bat, it doesn't work. So I guess I'll have to shave the lips off

Btw, can you post pics of your ride, and especially where the wheels&fenders are.

They didn't rub out on me yet, or at least I haven't heard so. It's still a gap between them, but I'm affraid it'll rub over bumbs and stuff. I already set the shocks to the stiffest setting already :sad: