Notices

1994 Accord ex is in shop. Is this a fair price?

Old 12-19-2003, 04:14 AM
tek94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 Accord ex is in shop. Is this a fair price?

Hey everyone,

my car is in the shop right now. it needs new rotors, calipers, and brake pads for both rear tires. my clutch line is also leaking, so it needs to be repaired as well. I was told that it would cost somewhere between 7 to 800 dollars. does this sound right for the cost of parts and labor?

Thanks,
Sam
Old 12-19-2003, 05:36 AM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

Sounds way too much in my eyes. a set of rear brembo blanks i think are 60, pads could range from 50-60, caliper i have no idea. As for the clutch line I have no idea either but it sound too high.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:28 AM
pirate252

Way high...Parts for that job i would guess in the $200.00 range...And the calipers they usually give you OEM remanufactuyred ones, not new ones...soooo...that is pretty high price...

You could get this thing i was lookin at from les shwab (dont know if you have onbe where you live, but its national so ytou probably do) it was like $250 for new pads, rebuilt calipers, and resurface your rotors, im sure you could buy some brembos and since they meet OEM specs they could just switch them to those instead of resurface yours, check that out...I plan to do it this way if i can when spring hits for some new brakes
Old 12-19-2003, 09:22 AM
Sahnaii

I once had a shop do a master cylinder replacement, rear-left caliper replacement, 2 rear rotors and pads replaced for a little more than $700 on our other car, so that price sounds seems right. But if you get some of these parts yourself, like the rotors and pads, you could save some money.

just to add: the parts were OEM Acura and totalled around ~$500 and labor was around ~$200.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:47 PM
tek94

Hey thanks guys for all your advise.

I just got the car back today and the total came to a little over 800. I have new brake pads, rotors, calipers, and two parts that were required for the clutch line leak. All the parts are Genuine Honda Parts. The guy working on the car was my dad's friend. I also found out that now, I have to replace both of my cv boot joints!

After I got the car back, I noticed a big difference. Shifting is much easier, it grabs very well on each gear. Also I don't have to worry about that annoying sound coming from my rear brakes, everytime I slow down.

I'm pretty sure that I could have found another place that would have done everything for maybe a hundred dollars less than what I was charged. However, I like the workmanship that this guy has, and I trust that my car is being done right.

Well, now I have to save up money for my cv boot joints. Wish me luck guys!
Old 12-19-2003, 11:21 PM
pirate252

Cool...Just make sure that you do start saving for those cv boots, i dont know how much it costs, but i do know that if you let them go without repairing them its going to be hell for you...
Old 12-19-2003, 11:35 PM
honda530
www.HondaShowOff.com

yeah you really cant go wrong with honda parts. As far as the cv boots it will probably be a few hundred for that too. But get it taking car of soon because if there leaking it could cause much more serious problems.