Notices

Brembo Slotted Rotors for 2000 Accord Coupe EX

Old 12-18-2003, 07:57 PM
kaliraver69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brembo Slotted Rotors for 2000 Accord Coupe EX

Here is a link for these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33564 Brembo slotted rotors for my car year. I was wondering if these make a good difference and what have you guys heard about these slotted rotors. Also I can't find these rotors on Brembo's website so am wondering if he is telling the truth that these fit a "2000 Accord Coupe EX"? Thanks for the feedback guys.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:11 PM
dliske
Set a fire, go to jail!

You probably don't see them on the Brembo site, as the eBay listing says, "Genuine Brembo cores that are machined by our facility." I would imagine that Brembo wouldn't stand behind these because it is actually the finished product of someone else.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:01 PM
showgunz

They're Brembo blanks with the machining done by the local shop. The real difference in braking is with fluid and pads. The rotors don't make much difference unless if your rotors suck. But except for the warping and softness in Honda rotors, they're pretty good and can last a long time with care. So don't expect a major improvement by just changing the rotors. It's in the pads and fluid!
Old 12-19-2003, 03:34 PM
polakatl

fluid??? shouldn't we just use OEM Honda
Old 12-19-2003, 03:49 PM
LX4CYL
Cone Basher

The brembo discs only come in 3 forms:

Blank
Slotted
Cross Drilled

Brembo doesn't sell any cross drilled+slotted discs for our Accords. These must have een cross drilled by a local shop...

As for the fluid, syclone on Honduh.com uses Motul in his Accord that he autocrosses, and he seems pretty happy with it. I need to bleed my brakes soon (or maybe flush), because after 2 yrs, and 6 Autocrosses in the past 4 months, my pedal feels mushy as hell...