Notices

Flywheels for 6th gen

Old 12-17-2003, 07:34 PM
ODUB
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flywheels for 6th gen

i've got a 6th gen I4, lightweight flywheel, good idea? im ordering one soon, along with strut tower bars front and rear, lower tie bars front and rear, UR pulleys, V2 intake (if it would ever ****in come out), DC sports header
Old 12-17-2003, 07:36 PM
ODUB
Banned

oh, i've already got a Greddy EVO cat back, GC coilovers with tokico lillumina's, im finished off my suspension and intake/exhaust setups
Old 12-17-2003, 07:59 PM
carta79
Life after death

I don't think you get much of a gain off a lightweight flywheel on a I4. Therefore I would say that's pointless, unless you can back it up with heavy engine mods. Your best bet is to go all out on the suspension IMO.

You have some pretty good modifications there.
Old 12-18-2003, 01:20 AM
mickey
hi. my name is mickey.

i heard the greddy evo and the s/t sway bar can't co-exist... something about the exhaust being in the way of the sway bar or vice-versa...
Old 12-18-2003, 09:25 AM
6genx
Swami

I have a fidanza 8.5lbs flywheel, cai, header. My engine rev's alot quicker through the gears since I installed the flywheel. Starting off up hill takes a bit to get used to, but other than that I think it was worth the money.

Jamie
Old 12-19-2003, 07:20 PM
ODUB
Banned

thanks carta...the total list reads like this....VIS racing carbon fiber hood, sparco hood pins, Indiglo gauges, DIY black housing headlights, All red tails/smoked red-clears, GReddy EVO cat back, GC coilovers, Tokico illumina shocks, 17x7.5 Volk Racing SE37K (14.2lbs each ) wrapped in 215/45ZR17 Nitto Neo Gen tires....next comes the stuff i listed above, then more engine buildup and then a turbo, recaro SRD seats, still tryin to decide on a kit, but the color will be arctic blue pearl, new interior colors, might strip some stuff out for weight savings...then after i finish with it comes the job of turning the TSX-S im gonna buy (whenever it's released) back into an accord...so i'll have a 6th gen, and a 7th gen ....holla
Old 12-21-2003, 07:16 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Originally posted by 6genx
I have a fidanza 8.5lbs flywheel, cai, header. My engine rev's alot quicker through the gears since I installed the flywheel. Starting off up hill takes a bit to get used to, but other than that I think it was worth the money.

Jamie
Boo-yah! :thumbup:

This is my next planned mod, did you have any installation issues? Some people installed Aftermarket flywheels and they had issues with the alignment dows not fitting in the key holes. Plus the new flywheel was missing the bronze-plastic shaft bushing. Did the dealer or installer have any issues?
Did you have to order anything extra?
Where did you purchase the flywheel from?
Are you running an upgraded clutch?

Sorry for the questions but this is my next mod and the horror stories have made me nervous. Just thinking of lightned flywheel fills my head with images of touring car racing and free reving engines :P
Old 12-22-2003, 06:57 AM
carta79
Life after death

Originally posted by ODUB
still tryin to decide on a kit
I the only kit I've ever liked for our cars is the Wings West W-type. The only reason I never purchased one is because my car is used everyday on harsh roads. If I had two cars and a garage my Accord would have alot more money invested in it.

Anyways man if you get a flywheel post up some pics of the engine bay. :goodjob:
Old 12-22-2003, 05:33 PM
polakatl

ODUB: U have rear strut tower bars??? I would emagine those would split the heads of your passangers in case of an accident. The 6th gens gave their struts right behind the back seat so installing them would seem unrealistic if u wanted to have passangers.
Old 12-24-2003, 08:47 PM
ODUB
Banned

didn't say i had them, said i want them...and nobody rides in my back seat...and even if they do...in an accident the bar wouldn't move..it's bolted down, it would stay where it is