Notices

Windows Fogging Up.

Old 12-16-2003, 09:00 PM
Surfacing171
cb7 fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windows Fogging Up.

ARRRHHH Seems like everytime I get in my car (since it is cold now) my ****ing windows start fogging up like 5min. after I have been driving. It's not just my front windshield, it's ALL of my windows. I can't stand this shit. I have used that Fog stuff on my front windshield (I don't use it on the sides because they are tinted and it says not to use them on tinted windows) and all I get are streak marks when the window wants to fog up. So I put the heat on the front windshield and everything is fine and dandy up there, but the rest of the windows fog up so badly I cannot see out of them. It's ****ing maddening. I have tried everything I know of to keep the from fogging up, and I can't. Anyone else have any suggestions?
Old 12-16-2003, 09:45 PM
Illicit Accord

calm down dude, why don't u, untill u find a solution, just go to ur car 5 mins earlier everyday and warm it up first, thats what i do when it's really cold. but as for the anti-fog juice, i have no idea, sorry bro...
Old 12-17-2003, 01:03 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

k here is the solution and hopefully it works for you like it works for me now, i read the manual. this time of the yr is freaking cold so what u do is, set the temp to the max and the fan to whatever 1-2 i used, turn ur ac on and thats it, all u do now is adjust the temp how cold or hot u want it, it dont matter. ur fog problem gone. this is how i have mine setup. windshield and feet and the back. keeps me warm and no fog. this only works during the cold and especially when it rains. remember u will use gas while ac on.
in my case i turn the ac on when it rains or snow only, since thats only time my windows get foggy.
Old 12-17-2003, 01:30 AM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Stop breathing so hard? :dunno:

Try wearing a hat in the car. Your head is probably emitting too much heat and the outside cold air is causing the warm air to condense to your inside windows and start to fog it up.
Old 12-17-2003, 02:09 AM
AirNigeria
...They're just Altezzas!

You dont need the A/C!...Set your temp and fan speed, use the winshield defogger or regular setting, and then (the important part) make sure the vent is open allowing outside air to come in. This is what works for me. I guess it keeps the inside and outside pressures equal or something...I retired from science...hope this works:thumbup:
Old 12-17-2003, 06:40 AM
Surfacing171
cb7 fanatic

Originally posted by AirNigeria
You dont need the A/C!...Set your temp and fan speed, use the winshield defogger or regular setting, and then (the important part) make sure the vent is open allowing outside air to come in. This is what works for me. I guess it keeps the inside and outside pressures equal or something...I retired from science...hope this works:thumbup:
I will try that. I always keep the air re-circulating from inside the car, so maybe that is my problem. thanks!
Old 12-17-2003, 08:26 AM
JailBa8

Originally posted by Surfacing171
I will try that. I always keep the air re-circulating from inside the car, so maybe that is my problem. thanks!
There's your problem rite there!
Old 12-17-2003, 08:29 AM
Accord1278

Make sure you DON'T have the recirculating air on...make sure it's on FRESH AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's your biggest problem. second...to clean up your windows very quickly, with your heat/defroster on, turn on the AC and see how fast they all clean up. For instance, on the 6th gen cars, when you turn on the def. the AC automatically turns on. MAKE SURE TO TURN OFF RECIRC. AND TURN ON FRESH AIR!!
Old 12-17-2003, 08:33 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there u go i am n the same hole with accord1278
Old 12-17-2003, 05:27 PM
illusion

Originally posted by AirNigeria
ummmm YES YOU DO NEED YOUR AIR CONDITIONING ON

Do some research before you tell people misinformation.

Heating and air conditioning are two separate systems. The A/C system removes excess moisture from the air producing cool dry air, that mixes with the heated air and then mixes with the inside air and reduces the overall moisture in your interior. Also make sure to not have your car on recirculate, the outside air is also more than likely less humid than inside. Your windows fog up because your body produces moisture, as does your breath. Since the inside is cooler than the outside the moisture is attracted to the cooler surface(the windows) and condenses from vapor to droplets. Having dry air will pull the water back off of the windows.

In cars with automatic climate control when you press the defrost button, the A/C will automatically come on, there's a reason it does.

If you really want to defrost your car fast, turn your A/C on as cold as it can go, your windows will defrost WAY fast, since you are equalizing the temperatures, and drying the air out.

If turning the A/C on does no good, then something is wrong with your A/C system, more than likely the air dryer.