Notices

Brembo Rotor Upgrade..Help?

Old 12-15-2003, 12:57 PM
mrbrace
Goldenchild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brembo Rotor Upgrade..Help?

I just thought I would ask if anyone knows how to change out the rotors. I have some new rotors and need to put them on but I don't want to pay mechanics prices to have them put on.

If someone knows of an easy way to do them or knows somewhere I can look to see how its done I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Matt
Old 12-15-2003, 05:37 PM
Cosmo M3
Lurker

it takes some work to replace the rotors. When i bought my Brembo OE replacement rotors, the only tricky part was removing the old rotor by using a screw to force the rusty rotor out of its housing. You will seriously need a power tool for this. Once the rotors come off, then everything else is easy. If i were you, I would goto a mechanic and get it done
Old 12-15-2003, 09:46 PM
usc

looks like he has a 5th gen.. it's not as easy as the 6th gen and up because the 90-97's came with hub-over-rotor. you'll have to either pound the bearing/knuckle out of the socket first to get at the rotors, or have a shop press out the hub. or else the best you'll get is loosen the front rotors but you won't be able remove it.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:31 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

early 5th Gens are hard to change, and it's also link to the axle, so it'll be a lot harder, I suggest you let an experience person do it. WHen it comes to brakes, you need to do it right and do not hesistate about the cash.
Old 12-16-2003, 05:28 AM
mrbrace
Goldenchild

thanks for the advice guys