Notices

98-02 GC Coilovers

Old 12-09-2003, 06:53 PM
LX4CYL
Cone Basher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98-02 GC Coilovers

Next year I want to get Ground Control coilovers along with Neuspeed-Konis. I originally wanted the H&R Sports, but they are progressive rate springs, something I don't want for Autocrossing (even though they are great springs).

Anyways, I believe the spring rate for the off-the-shelf GCs for the 6th gens are 450F/300R (correct me if I'm wrong). I plan on custom ordering 450F/400R, and I would but on Eibach sways, so the potential to oversteer is there.

The reason why I've chosen 450F/400R is mainly for performance, with *decent* ride comfort, because my car is a daily driver first, and an autocrosser second...

How good is the ride comfort for the GCs?
Old 12-10-2003, 04:29 PM
ODUB
Banned

GC's are great as long as u have good shocks. U should be fine with koni's. I rode on stock shocks for a day and a half and couldn't take it..i ordered illuminas that night and have been happy ever since. My car doesn't bounce, handles great, and it rides smooooooth. Feels like stock with no body roll and alot lower lol
Old 12-10-2003, 04:36 PM
LX4CYL
Cone Basher

nice!

I've called GC, and the spring rates for the off-the shelf GCs are 450lb/in for the front, and 300lb/in the rear. That's a safe understeering setup.

In my case, they recommended 450F/400R, so it shouldn't be any more since the front isn't higher than the normal set (know what I mean?).

Since I would be getting this along with Eibach sways, and adjustable rear endlinks (hopefully), I should be able to get the car to rotate well.

As for the Neuspeed-Koni Yellows, the Koni rep stated that I should turn up the firmness about .75 - 1 turn, or else the car will be underdampened (bouncy).

Hopefully I'll get to do all this during the summer.