Notices

URGENT HELP! 7th gen headlight bulb

Old 12-08-2003, 10:32 AM
Accord1278

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default URGENT HELP! 7th gen headlight bulb

Hi..I need some help removing the driver's side headlight bulb from a 7th gen. coupe (EX, I-4) I can't get the damn thing out!! I removed the air intake piece as well. I was able to get the pass. out but no luck with the driver's side. any suggestions? Thanks
Old 12-09-2003, 01:22 PM
Eryeal

Hey there,

Can't really help you .. but when I put in my silverstars, the driver's side headlight was a @#$%@ to get out .. I didn't think I was gonna get it, but eventually it popped loose .. It was just in extremely tight .. maybe if you can fit a small pair of plyers or a wrench to give you some leverage -- but other than that it sounds like mine in that it's pretty tight.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:02 AM
Accord1278

ok I finally managed to get those SOB's out!!!!!!! WTF is wrong with Honda putting the damn bulbs in such a hard to reach place and making them almost impossible to get out. No wonder so many people end up going to the dealer to get bulbs replaced and end up gettig ripped off! The passenger side was ok, but the drivers side was a total B!tch to get out!!!!!:madfawk: :madfawk: :madfawk: And if you don't have small arms/hands, you can forget about getting your hand in there. I had to end up using both my hands, sticking one in front of the battery and the other on the side of it and with one hand holding down the clip and with the other pulling down to get it separted from the bulb. Then turning the bulb counterclockwise to get it out was a pain in the a$$!

FYI: I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but if you read the owners manual, and look on P. 337 (i think thats the right page for headlight bulb replacement) there is a mistake in the manual! It says to remove the air intake from the PASSENGERS side. The air intake portion is located on the DRIVERS side NOT passenger side on the 2003 I-4!