Notices

where does the fenderwell portion of my intake go

Old 12-05-2003, 12:11 AM
BobCarter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where does the fenderwell portion of my intake go

I feel like a retard...but I am pretty mechanically inclined and could not figure this one out for the life of me. Tonight...on my 92 accord ex....it was late and dark...I removed all my air box junk and started to install my cheap ebay cold air intake. The pipe is two pieces...I connected the first piece to the tb, no problem...but where does the second piece go...I thought maybe it would go through the fenderwell.....but it doesn't quite make the bend. Looking at everyones pictures on here it looks like the pipe goes straight down near the battery. Is there a hole there in the car or sheetmetal for this pipe to fit through?....anyone got pics?
Old 12-05-2003, 12:27 AM
LX4CYL
Cone Basher

I believe you have to take out the resonator, but I really don't know how different the 6th gen engine bay layout is compared to the 4th gens:

http://asiandisco.basementproduction...allation.shtml
Old 12-05-2003, 08:06 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

yeah, there's a hole under the original air box where that pipe is supposed to go, you may need to make the hole a little bigger depending on the diameter of ur CAI, but hopefully they sent the right one, if so, it'll fit.
Old 12-05-2003, 08:51 AM
lingerbw

I put a cheapy CAI in my 92 Accord... had to cut sheet metal for it to fit down into the fenderwell. Took a couple of minutes with an angle grinder. I don't think it matters what CAI you install, the hole to the fenderwell is small, just to accomodate the narrow stock piping.

So, yeah... you have to cut.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:51 AM
BobCarter

I looked at it again today....there is no way that it goes through any of those holes....i think I must have been given the wrong one. There is no hole underneath my box...i think only the 94 and ups have that. Mine has a hole beside the box...that is big enough to fit the diameter of the pipe...but the angles on the pipe dont match up to fit it through...I've emailed the guy and I'm still waiting for a response. Thanks!
Old 12-05-2003, 01:07 PM
92lx

there's a hole under it, I promise, but the hole has to be made from about 1" in diameter, to about 2.5" in diameter, a real pain in the rear. Make sure you've properly/completely removed the resonator as well.

- Nathan
Old 12-05-2003, 05:45 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

heres one
http://www.lightningmotorsports.com/...ai_install.htm
Old 12-05-2003, 09:32 PM
uclaccord

it's not the wrong intake...on 4th gens u gotta cut a hole...or bang out the hole thas already there...thas what we did...got some metal shears...cut a few slits...took a sledge and went at it...ghetto, but fun and effective =P
Old 12-05-2003, 09:43 PM
KjG8erZ8
Black CD5 Sedan

Originally posted by wedley2
heres one
http://www.lightningmotorsports.com/...ai_install.htm