Notices

Accord V-6 Power Mods

Old 12-03-2003, 07:23 PM
LudeBehavior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accord V-6 Power Mods

Are there any good power mods that can be done to a 2000 V-6 besides intake and exhaust (already have)? I was thinking about a module or a chip but I would like people's input on good ones. This is actually for my sister's car and she doesn't want to do anything extreme. I had a Venom module on my prelude that worked well. What do ya'll think?
Old 12-03-2003, 11:20 PM
Weiman

headers....? i dont think a chip would help that much if you dont have a heffty amount of mods.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:54 PM
LudeBehavior

well headers are good, but 1,200 bones for 7-10 ponies just ain't worth it
Old 12-04-2003, 06:17 AM
jschmid

Originally posted by LudeBehavior
well headers are good, but 1,200 bones for 7-10 ponies just ain't worth it
That's what you are going to find with most engine mods. It's not really worth it IMO. If you want to increase the performance, spend money on the suspension and tires.

If you really want speed, you could check out the Comptech supercharger, but with your car, the limiting factor in performance will be the auto tranny. They don't handle more power than stock very well from what I hear.

If money is tight, you could try nitrous for the occasional fun.
Old 12-05-2003, 03:38 PM
kid018
In the depths of my mind

There aren't many mods for the v6 that aren't expensive. Comptech has the supercharger and one of hte only headers that i know for the v6. Other mods you can do are changing the ignition wires, AEM pulleys, and nitrous.
If you want the most bang for your buck...go suspension. That usually is the most noticable change. TEIN makes the best suspension upgrade IMO but it's a grip.
Neuspeed makes a great upper strut bar and you can always do the TL-S sway bars switch. Other than that.....well....be creative and good luck