Notices
Showroom Find you some "show" for your "go."

FINALLY Sir-g fogs on my 99+ bumper

Old 06-05-2007, 11:13 AM
xslickwhitetegx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FINALLY Sir-g fogs on my 99+ bumper

Been wanting sir-g fogs on my teg for a while now, so last week w/ friend we tryed installing them.. I just dont care for the 98+ OEM fogs..thats why sir-g. I herd from people that all you half to do is cut the bumper on the sides to makes the fogs fit. They were WRONG!!

It took three hours to fit them on my bumper.. first off the bracket was 2 big for the opening ..so we had to cut the bracket in half to make it fit my bumper.. next the we wanted to changed out old foglights lens for the brand new fogs I bought off ebay..well they were 3MM to BIG I still dont understand why they were big, they came from Acura... But anyways we were forcing the lens trying to make it fit and lens shattered.. so we just ended up useing the orginal fogs lens.

Oh than when we tried to actual fit them to my bumper I had to cut like a 1/2 in out of my inside of my bumper.. that middle peice. I didn't want to cut all of it out cause it gives the bumper surport also it holds fogs in place..
Couldnt find OEM wireing harness from Acura,even though my cousin that work for Acura said he had them instock... so I just descided to hard wire em to my headlights..

So after all this, I finalally got SIR-G fogs on my teg! WHY? Cuz its JDM YO!! haha not really, just wanted kool fogs and no one has theses on 98+ tegs..

Here's pics:

I'll get more pics later, but you get the ideal...
Old 06-05-2007, 11:32 AM
2001TEGGSR

Looks good man!
Old 06-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Looks good. How much did you pay for those?

Moved to Showroom.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:04 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

I'm kind of on the fence with this one. It looks good, but...I don't know there something about it. I feel like I can see your hacks to get them to fit. I'm thinking it is the edge where the black meets the white. I'm thinking I would have done a dado cut into the plastic so that the light sits more flush and in with the black edge of the SIR fog light tucked slighty behind the bumper. That's just me though...overall good install for you.

Last edited by ADRONICUS; 06-05-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:35 PM
DOHCGS_92
Off Tha Line Yer Toast

Nice addition sir. Looks clean !
Old 06-06-2007, 07:18 PM
xslickwhitetegx

Originally Posted by Provocateur
Looks good. How much did you pay for those?

Moved to Showroom.
Fogs I bought for $150 shipped...extra fogs I bought for $70...i got new pics but I dont feel like loadin up 2nite..