Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   S2000 (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s2000-14/)
-   -   Should I sell me teg for a s2k ?? (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s2000/165329-should-i-sell-me-teg-for-a-s2k.html)

99teggsr 11-21-2004 09:23 PM

Should I sell me teg for a s2k ??

Im thinking about selling my integra for a s2k. I drove my girlfriends moms 04 s2k and I think its miles ahead of the Integra. So basically I can get a s2k as long as I can sell my car and gather about 6K (I can save about 1K a month, or get a loan so its no biggie). What would all you recomend ? I have put years of work, blood, and swaet into the Teggy and would hate to see it go. But god damn, after driving a stock s2k I fell in love. Stock vs Stock the s2k handles as good as my Integra with over $1000 in suspension mods.

Provocateur 11-21-2004 09:46 PM

Are you prepared to pay the much higher insurance premiums?

99teggsr 11-21-2004 09:55 PM

Yes, As I will be saving $327 a month from not having to pay the teg car payment. I am under my parents insurance so I dont think it will be too bad, but im still expecting to pay over $200 a month.

Provocateur 11-21-2004 10:24 PM

I really think it is up to you. I personally love the S2000 and think it is one of the most well built engines out there but my teg has sentimental value to me. I too have put tons of money, time, and care into my car, but I don't think I would give all that up for an S2000. That is just me, and the decision is really up to you.

I am being anally raped on insurance as it is, I wouldn't even begin to imagine how much it would be for me to drive an S2000.

99teggsr 11-21-2004 10:55 PM

youve got a turbo GSR though, and im sure its faster than a stock s2k. Basically im looking for fast (low 14's high 13's) and stock reliability. I know some people would like to tell me im wrong but a bone stock s2k running low 14's is going to last much longer than a modified GSR running low 14's. Stock the s2k is everything and more ive tried to make my modded integra.

Ant_Knee_S2K 11-23-2004 01:15 PM

Oh, boy. Do you want front or rear wheel drive? Thats all I have to think about. You gotta go REEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAR, man. I don't care how fast the GSR is, the S2K will out perform and out lap it anytime, anywhere.

Provocateur 11-23-2004 10:41 PM

The thought of rear wheel drive isn't enough for me to give up my teg. It is pretty tempting though.:chuckles:

s2ktonv 11-25-2004 02:36 AM

Go for it man, but is it practical? It's a helluva car. :D

Josh M 11-25-2004 09:01 AM

I dunno.........I like mine and the girlies seem to like it, but my roomate's turbo integra seriously raped me quite good.......my other friend with his basically modded srt4 also beat me. I would honestly say keep the integra and turbo it up or supercharge it, whatever ur fancy is ;) I'm pleased with my s2k but you will get very bored with it very fast and the aftermarket parts are kind of expensive with minimal gains in power. I guess it also depends on what types of racing u like to do as well, if u are a hardcore autoXer then the s2k is probably the right car for u as the handling in that car is awesome.........however if u like going in a straight line whether it be on the street or the strip you will be disappointed. It feels kinda slow..........I'll have it floored and think I should be going about 130 and look down and I'm only going 80.........it is seriously lacking in a straight line.

sherwood 11-27-2004 06:25 PM

if anything insurance will be down with a s2k, they dont get stolen as much as teg's