Notices

Acura racing parts (Like Toyota's TRD)

Old 03-04-2003, 08:20 AM
j2theb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acura racing parts (Like Toyota's TRD)

Can you buy genuine Honda modifications for an Acura like you can buy the TRD parts for a Toyota? Right now I'm considering the Corolla S but only because I can add TRD parts to it and keep my warrenty. Does Acura have anything like that?
Old 03-04-2003, 08:22 AM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Comptech racing has parts that can be installed by an Acura dealer and goes under warranty. Thats the only thing I know, other than like the regular Acura parts like the OEM underbody spoiler, and FPP stuff.

Why would you want a Carolla S, slow as molases. And fugly.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:30 AM
K i o n
TrackDemon

LOL, considering a COROLLA S because of its aftermarket support, thats the funniest thing ive heard all day. come on man, the slowest stock acura is still quicker than a corolla S, modded or not, what are you smoking? i'm willing to bet a corolla S 5-speed with TRD intake/exhaust/springs is still slower than a stock base RSX, auto

according to sema dealers can't simply void your warranty because you have aftermarket parts or not. even still, dealers vary in how cool they are with mods but nowadays are becoming more and more liberal with it, so as long as you dont start modifying internals you have nothing to worry about
Old 03-04-2003, 10:58 AM
BonzoAPD

don't flame him because of his question. I can understand him not wanting to have problems with a dealership if he has aftermarket parts on his car because I know many dealerships that are dicks to people who have modified cars. Comptech products are the TRD equivelant. If you want to make sure you have no problems, get them installed at the dealership. Then they can't say anything to you.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:09 AM
K i o n
TrackDemon

Originally posted by BonzoAPD
don't flame him because of his question. I can understand him not wanting to have problems with a dealership if he has aftermarket parts on his car because I know many dealerships that are dicks to people who have modified cars.
i know that, i wasn't flaming in regards to the question, i'm flaming the fact that he wants a TRD-modified corolla S as an alternative hehe
Old 03-04-2003, 01:13 PM
Import-Tooner
skoooooie!

Carolla :slap:

There are parts like Mugen and Spoon that are made for honda that are as good as the factory equipment.

SKOOIE!!!
Old 03-04-2003, 01:19 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Acura racing parts (Like Toyota's TRD)

Originally posted by j2theb
Can you buy genuine Honda modifications for an Acura like you can buy the TRD parts for a Toyota? Right now I'm considering the Corolla S but only because I can add TRD parts to it and keep my warrenty. Does Acura have anything like that?
The Corolla competes with the Civic, man. The RSX is much faster, better handling, better looking, better interior quality, etc etc.

That said, Comptech parts are fully waranteed if you get them installed at the dealer. Any other modification will not void your warranty unless it is the cause of a malfunction.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:30 PM
j2theb

Default acura

Slower than molasses, until I put the TRD supercharger on it, which I was thinking about. With the SC the Corolla S would EAT an Acura RSX.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:47 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: acura

Slower than molasses, until I put the TRD supercharger on it, which I was thinking about. With the SC the Corolla S would EAT an Acura RSX.
Ah, until you get to the twisties. Have you driven the RSX-S yet? A supercharged Corolla engine wouldn't even come close to that much excitement.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:11 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Default Re: acura

:eh: Ok, noob. Move on alright, its been determined your Carolla sucks the RSX's fumes, and bites its dust :chuckles:

It might, just might "eat" a base auto. Straightline.