Notices

Acura racing parts (Like Toyota's TRD)

Old 01-04-2004, 10:01 AM
Fast-Ford
Loves Nascar, NHRA & SCCA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by forum95
You can make mustangs quick for so cheap i swear, i/h/e, nice tires and some 4.10's and you will be smashin.
This is true, the GT is a good car to have if you're into aftermarket parts and things. The drawbacks are it's gas mileage (city) and wet weather driving. Hi-way gas mileage is unbelieveably good for an 8 cyl. Anyway, where this forum was about aftermarket stuff, Ford products have to make the short list simply becauce of their having the best aftermarket.
Old 01-04-2004, 10:09 AM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

I'm not posing this as an argument, but as a question: what about Mopar? Do they have the resources and reputation that Ford has for aftermarket? I'm only saying this because there is a friend of our family who swears Mopar is the greatest friend a car owner could have....
Old 01-04-2004, 11:52 AM
twin3037

subaru does have aftermarket performance that they make themselves it is called STI sti is there performance division and this is the stock wrx. these car are pretty durable not sure how well when modified but they come with a turbo on them to keep them good the sti in the way of engine is jsut .5 liter more like 1 psi more boost bigger intercooler then liek wheels huge brakes interior stuff but im not gonna argue about mustang aftermarket i know it is huge
Old 01-04-2004, 01:29 PM
Fast-Ford
Loves Nascar, NHRA & SCCA

Originally posted by DelSolSIinMD
I'm not posing this as an argument, but as a question: what about Mopar? Do they have the resources and reputation that Ford has for aftermarket? I'm only saying this because there is a friend of our family who swears Mopar is the greatest friend a car owner could have....
Yes, Mopar has a great aftermarket for Dodge products. The recent re-release of "Hemi" power has been a great addition to their lineup which was hard up in the 1980's. Chevrolet has Goodwrench as their parts/performance division. Both supply race shops with blocks and gear for racing and performance applications. They both have very large aftermarkets as well. Many companies like Holley Performance and Edelbrock make aftermarket parts for Dodge and Chevrolet power.

I have not seen their performance catalogues to tell you how much variety they have. The only thing that really sets Ford apart from everyone else is that they will provide blueprints or CAD (computer aided design) drawings to companies who wish to build aftermarket parts. Ford has partnered with aftermarket companies with engineering support as well. They are the only company to do this at this time. But as far as Mopar and Chevrolet are concerned, they both have great aftermarkets as well.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:28 PM
Nova

"the RSX won't blow you away, its as fast as the celica GT-S with a better powerband, slight handling disadvantage, and the WRX blows em both outta the water, yes, hehe"

Well the WRX is a nice car, but w/ Mugen SS on the Type S, Id play w/ the WRX anyday. Would be great fun.
Factly, when Road and Track tested the FP RSX Type S, they stated that it posted equal track times to the WRX.

Nova
Old 01-17-2004, 11:59 PM
twin3037

lol people give wrx's to much credit. my borther and i switch off our cars wrx and gs-r all the time and from a roll of 40 or so the gs-r is barlly slower like maybe a car to triple digits but after triple digits the gs-r is alout faster and tops out higher. the thing taht makes the wrx so wonderful is the awd from a stop it's like 8 cars but a stock type-s should be able to stay even on a roll if not pull on a wrx
Old 01-18-2004, 12:58 AM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

Originally posted by twin3037
lol people give wrx's to much credit. my borther and i switch off our cars wrx and gs-r all the time and from a roll of 40 or so the gs-r is barlly slower like maybe a car to triple digits but after triple digits the gs-r is alout faster and tops out higher. the thing taht makes the wrx so wonderful is the awd from a stop it's like 8 cars but a stock type-s should be able to stay even on a roll if not pull on a wrx
Why is that? Weight? AWD drivetrain loss?
Old 01-20-2004, 07:58 PM
twin3037

mostlly awd drivetrain loss there rated at 227 to the crank but i think most stock ones make around 170-180 to the wheels. At the way up speeds 100+ lots of the loss eems to be due to the boost cut factor the factory ecu start cutting the boost and the boost gauge reads lower starting at 5500 then it does at 5000 and has imense drops to the 7000 rpm redline. If the boost didn't cut im sure this would help acceleration everywhere as your can feel the acceleration start to lag at high rpms at end of gears
Old 04-07-2004, 09:27 AM
SDC_R21

I never knew if you had Comptech parts that they are covered under warranty by Honda...this is HOT!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:39 PM
krisp911

---