Notices

Broken SRS reel

Old 09-12-2008, 11:42 AM
dawrenn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken SRS reel

So I went to install my ITR steering wheel today and had no trouble taking it off or putting it back on. I followed the steps to putting back on and thought I did this right:

1. Before installing the steering wheel, make sure the front wheels are aligned straight ahead, then center
the cable reel (A). Do this by first rotating the cable reel clockwise until it stops. Then rotate it
counterclockwise about two and a halfturns. The
arrow mark (B) on the cable reel label point should point straight up.

but I guess I didn't b/c when I went to pull the car out of the driveway and turned the wheel I heard a snap which is never good. Right when it happened I tried honking the horn and nothing happened. These are not my pics b/c my reel did not come out like that but I am pretty sure they same thing happened.

The blue wire is for the horn and I know it's plugged up. I checked for the part and its $175 :firemad: It's part number 1 on here.

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...All&vinsrch=no

Money isn't really and issue, I just want the horn to work again. I searched this whole site and could not find a D.I.Y. on installing a new reel. Is it an easy install? I really don't want to have to take the car to the dealer to get it installed. When I get the new reel am I going to have to go through the same steps of turning it clockwise till it stops and then turn it 2 1/2 turns counter clockwise? How will I know when it's right and that it won't fuck up again?