Notices

Eletrical System Shuts Down

Old 08-08-2007, 05:14 AM
Dboan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eletrical System Shuts Down

While driving (seems to be when accelerating) my 1999 Honda Accord's radio, odometer, and RPM gauge shuts off for less than a second. Also, my Required Service light comes on for a second. I had my timing belt replaced a month ago. Any ideas on the problem and could it be related to the timing belt change?

Thanks
Old 08-08-2007, 12:45 PM
rainmancp

Originally Posted by Dboan
While driving (seems to be when accelerating) my 1999 Honda Accord's radio, odometer, and RPM gauge shuts off for less than a second. Also, my Required Service light comes on for a second. I had my timing belt replaced a month ago. Any ideas on the problem and could it be related to the timing belt change?

Thanks
not sure if this is in the right section, but i'll help anyways

sounds like you have some loose wires. I would check your harness and make sure everything is secure. what have you done to mess with the electrical system on your car?
it is big $$$ to check electrical system in the car.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:13 PM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

Need to go to the accord section and ask...
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...