Notices

02 rsx-s turbo

Old 05-22-2007, 01:03 PM
rogelio4187

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 rsx-s turbo

I Just bought a T3/T4 stage 3 turbo from my friend. I'm only going to run six psi for now. I'm having trouble installing the vacume lines of the (external wastegate, manual boost control,and the bov). Also does anyone have a manifold and downpipe?
Old 05-24-2007, 02:55 PM
2gr84u
2gr84u

oh man just stop now before you blow your car up. You need to set that turbo of yours on a shelf and start doing some serius reading my friend. Id suggest Clubrsx.com forced induction section, and honda-tech.com and homemadeturbo.com will both help provide information you need before you even consider contining down this road
Old 05-24-2007, 03:21 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

I have to agree. You can't just slap a turbo on one afternoon and think everything gonna be alright, it's not that kinda thing.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:49 PM
rogelio4187

what things should I worry about. I aske questions but I don't get answers. :
Old 05-25-2007, 01:10 PM
2gr84u
2gr84u

first you have to determine what size your turbo is, a stage III is just some eronius title that means nothing, whats the trim size, AR and compressor size. Next how much power do you want to make? How do you plan on tuning it? Have someone tune a hondata program or go with something like AEM unit?

You have to answer these questions first, because each one is going to be a part of the building block that will make it a sucessfull turbo build. By determining the size of the turbo you can find out where your power band is gonna be and figure out the maximum power your turbo will allow you to reach. Once you have determined this You can decide on all the other parts that play into it, what style manifold do you want? Something like a equal length manifold is going to be more efficient then a log manifold, but its gonna cost alot more. Next youll want to figure out what size intercooler piping youll want. Larger piping will accomodate more power, but if your turbo really large it can increase your turbo lag, or go to small and your killing off potential power. Next youll need to know your power goals to determine the size injectors to run, if your goals are really agressive then your gonna need a fuel pump. Next youll have to consider how its getting tuned, do you know any local tuners? What do they know how to tune? Hondata is cheaper by far, but do you have a tuner around you who can handle it? AEM is VERY exspensive but it has alot of very usefull mapping features and logging features you wont get with hondata, do you need these?

As you can there are ALOT of things to consider at this point, and there are more that i havent mentioned, but you need to realize that us spouting off information isnt going to help you, you need to put the effort in and starting doing some research or your gonna end up with a giant Acura branded paper weight.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:37 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

I see a blown motor is someones future. What kind of knowledge do you have in reference to cars?
Old 05-26-2007, 05:20 AM
rogelio4187

My plans were to get 400hp @ 20psi. I was planing to lower the compresion to 9.1 ( pistons, springs, cams, cankshaft, ect) I have A/R.50 T3/T4 turbo with an external wastegate. I was going to tune it with a honda data for now like you said AEM is vary expensive. I went to drivers image in mundelien and they told me that the vacume comes from the intank manifold for the wastgate and bov.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:39 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Seriously kid, stop now and research A LOT more. Im not saying this to mean or to be a dick, you have no idea what you're getting into.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:19 AM
rogelio4187

obvisley i'm missing somthing here . I know about turbo lag, engine heat killing your power and eventually heat blowing your engine. I know that the rotational mass is very weak in the rsx and since that the car has vtech the compresion is high 11:1. Like I said obvisley i'm missing somthing so i'm going to do more research. Thanks
Old 05-28-2007, 05:20 AM
2gr84u
2gr84u

its VTECh: