Notices

01 Mustang GT vs. 02-03 RSX-S

Old 10-05-2006, 02:07 PM
shady visions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Mustang GT vs. 02-03 RSX-S

I'm not talking race, I'm talking about which should I go with.

I currently have a 2001 Mustang GT Convertible with 48k miles on it. I'm looking to trade it in on an RSX-S if it is suitable enough. My questions for you RSX owners are this:

I know I"m going to feel a drop in power, but do you guys think it is worth it? I don't like the gas-consumption of my 4.6 litre, and a 2.0 litre with ~180whp souns really nice to me. I've been a fan of Honda for a while, and I like the k-series engine, and I believe there is a lot of potential with them.

On a separate note, if I choose to build my rsx-s, is there a lot of aftermarket support when it comes to NA and FI for the k-series? I'm wanting to be able to at least compete with the other mustang GTs if I build a RSX up.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:15 PM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

Lots of aftermarket items for the TypeS, you could build it up easily to run with a stock Mustang. As far as gas mileage goes, the more you build an engine the more it drops.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 10-05-2006, 02:40 PM
shady visions

Originally Posted by OLDMAN
Lots of aftermarket items for the TypeS, you could build it up easily to run with a stock Mustang. As far as gas mileage goes, the more you build an engine the more it drops.

I'm aware of that, which was why I was weary of a build. But if I can get close to the mustang's equivalent WHP / quarter mile time, and still keep ~20mpg in the city, I would be happy with that.

Has anyone here experienced any problems with their Type-S, also?
Old 10-05-2006, 06:25 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

A stock type s will most likely show up a mustang in stock trim (not the newer ones) a gsr w/intake and exhaust can give a mustang a good run. On the track ofcourse...
Old 10-05-2006, 07:39 PM
shady visions

Originally Posted by centerforce99
A stock type s will most likely show up a mustang in stock trim (not the newer ones) a gsr w/intake and exhaust can give a mustang a good run. On the track ofcourse...
Yeah, I would be building for a quarter mile. I'm leaning more towards of an al motor build. I was wondering if anyone has read much about using the RSX-s head, but a K24 block; sort of like a k-series frankenstein. What kind of results would that yield?
Old 10-06-2006, 10:44 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by shady visions
Yeah, I would be building for a quarter mile. I'm leaning more towards of an al motor build. I was wondering if anyone has read much about using the RSX-s head, but a K24 block; sort of like a k-series frankenstein. What kind of results would that yield?
That has been done by Skunk 2.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:55 AM
2gr84u
2gr84u

Originally Posted by shady visions
clubrsx.com
The k24 swap gives the advantage of a little more low end grunt at the exspence of losing the 8k redline. Unless you plan on agressivly building the motor that swap really would not be worth it for the gains. You can throw on either comptechs or jackson racing's supercharger kits, get kpro for tuning, exhaust and raceheader and easily see numbers around 250 or more, and still have the potential of geting atleast 24-26 mpg. Hell my fullybuilt del sol will still pull off 30mpg even when im driving the piss out of it, and thats with 680 injectors and a 3 bar map sensor making me run my fuel maps rich so the damned thing will idle lol.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:35 AM
dens_310

rsxs mennnnnn
Old 10-08-2006, 07:18 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the rsx is a practical DD that is fun to drive
the mustang GT is a quarter queen

the rsx isnt as fast, but the mustang isnt as economical--as the resale is in the toilet and it sucks gas like a mofo.

the mustang will take to mods better, it has alot to gain. the rsx, while having room to grow, will soon reach it's peak without going F/I.

for most peopple looking at both i'd have to say go with the RSX. if you arent going to have a beater or a DD there's no reason to buy a mustang, it's just stupid.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:29 AM
PikkaGTR
Power of Dreams

the DC5 platform was designed with circuit racing more in mind
if your looking to build a 1/4 mile queen stay with ur mustang
or look into a supra