Notices

Need help on what to do

Old 09-13-2006, 06:45 PM
gebby1029

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on what to do

My friend had a Black 2003 Civic Si and has some stuff left over from when he sold it. Having a Black 2002 Civic Si, I'm in a position to buy some stuff that would fit on my car. Here's what he's got:

-Buddy club body kit (painted black so it would match mine
http://www.buddyclub.us/buddyclub/top_m.html

-ADR Model Flite 4 with Wanli tires (he doesn't know what kind, speed rated to 130mph). Tires only have 7,500 miles on them and he told me it has about 90% tread left on them
http://www.adrwheels.com/wheels/?sfID1=12&sfID2=56
If link doesn't work, Wheels>Model Flite 4 (halfway down).

My real question is how much you would pay for the body kit and wheels as a package (he's asking $700) and then the two items separately (asking $350 each).

Last edited by gebby1029; 09-16-2006 at 06:46 AM.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:13 PM
gebby1029

22 views and not one reply? I just need to know if his prices are good or if i should get him lower.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:14 AM
gebby1029

47 views and only my reply....
Old 09-15-2006, 11:37 PM
AppleSauseSi
Critical S.O.B.

heres a reply (probably not what you want to hear)
save the money and spend it on something performance related, something better than an ebay rice rocket exhaust. for 700 dollars you could get a good coilover kit. if youre into the whole "cosmetic stuff" get some cool rotas, if youre into CF get a hood and trunk lid.
body kits dont do shit, i bought one for my CRX and i regret it, dont blow money on an impulse item; but if you must buy it hustle him for 550-600... after 7500 miles i doubt theres 90% tread left, start with that point...

Last edited by AppleSauseSi; 09-15-2006 at 11:44 PM. Reason: answering the price question
Old 09-16-2006, 06:41 AM
gebby1029

Originally Posted by AppleSauseSi
heres a reply (probably not what you want to hear)
save the money and spend it on something performance related, something better than an ebay rice rocket exhaust. for 700 dollars you could get a good coilover kit. if you're into the whole "cosmetic stuff" get some cool rotas, if youre into CF get a hood and trunk lid.
body kits don't do shit, i bought one for my CRX and i regret it, don't blow money on an impulse item; but if you must buy it hustle him for 550-600... after 7500 miles i doubt there's 90% tread left, start with that point...
I wasn't going to put the exhaust on but now I realized I don't even want it. It didn't sell on ebay so it'd be dumb for me to try to sell it. I've heard the exhaust on his car anyways and didn't like it.

The reason I'm thinking of getting the body kit is so I don't have to keep looking at the dent on the front bumper from the previous owner. Unless someone knows where I can find a black painted (to match my car well enough) factory front bumper for cheap(dealerships want $400... ), I'm getting the body kit. Body kit would go on until I can find that front bumper.

I respect your opinion but thats not what I'm really interested in. I'm asking how much you'd pay for the body kit and rims as a package and then seperately.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:49 AM
MTEng

body kits dont do shit
... but look ridiculous... IMHO
Old 09-16-2006, 02:40 PM
AppleSauseSi
Critical S.O.B.

Originally Posted by gebby1029
I wasn't going to put the exhaust on but now I realized I don't even want it. It didn't sell on ebay so it'd be dumb for me to try to sell it. I've heard the exhaust on his car anyways and didn't like it.

The reason I'm thinking of getting the body kit is so I don't have to keep looking at the dent on the front bumper from the previous owner. Unless someone knows where I can find a black painted (to match my car well enough) factory front bumper for cheap(dealerships want $400... ), I'm getting the body kit. Body kit would go on until I can find that front bumper.

I respect your opinion but thats not what I'm really interested in. I'm asking how much you'd pay for the body kit and rims as a package and then seperately.
like i said earlier (if you would have read the whole post...), for the wheels and the kit i would pay no more than 550-600, thats if it is in good condition. if the condition is excellent 700 may be fair. look for chips on the wheels, warps in the body kit, things like that. when negotiating price make a big deal about little things, act like its not really worth it to get a better deal.
the wheels, if there is no damage 350 is probably fair, if there are big scratches try and get them for 250.
the kit, same game 350 if its totally clean, even minor imperfections try for 250.
you should be able to pay whatever you want if you hustle harder than him, he wants to sell you want to buy, everyone wins, just dont give in if he says no to your price the first time, if he cant sell them in a week or two, youll get them for whatever you offered him.. start low to pay low.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:01 PM
gebby1029

like i said earlier (if you would have read the whole post...), for the wheels and the kit i would pay no more than 550-600, thats if it is in good condition. if the condition is excellent 700 may be fair. look for chips on the wheels, warps in the body kit, things like that. when negotiating price make a big deal about little things, act like its not really worth it to get a better deal.
the wheels, if there is no damage 350 is probably fair, if there are big scratches try and get them for 250.
the kit, same game 350 if its totally clean, even minor imperfections try for 250.
you should be able to pay whatever you want if you hustle harder than him, he wants to sell you want to buy, everyone wins, just dont give in if he says no to your price the first time, if he cant sell them in a week or two, youll get them for whatever you offered him.. start low to pay low.
Thanks for you help. I'll be sure to thoroughly inspect everything when I meet up with him.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:51 PM
gebby1029

Decided I'm just going to take a look at the wheels because I'm more strapped on cash than I thought. Thanks for the help
Old 09-17-2006, 08:13 PM
AppleSauseSi
Critical S.O.B.

no problem, post some pics when you get them on