Notices

AEM V2 intake w/ Turbo

Old 06-29-2006, 04:46 PM
ElCoqui19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trying to build a all motor,but I heard that this website has really good info, www.homemadeturbo.com. Good luck with your build.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:58 AM
Fira!

hey thanks man.. i could use all the info i can get... how long have you guys been doing this... installing turbos... mechanical backgrounds... things like that? you all went to school for this?
Old 06-30-2006, 03:39 PM
ElCoqui19

Myself,I really dont a hole lot,thats why I'm a member,the advice you can get on here is gota be one of the best,especially from senior members.If you more info on anything here,I would say hit up the search menu on top of the page,thats how I find out a lot on my car.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:05 PM
adva7328
BOOST PROJECT 99

hey bro what kinda motor are you running right now u maybe better off just fully building the motor to get just as much power and that will be easier for ya to the V2 and headers will work in that case and if you research it alot of all motor cars are faster than turboed cars
Old 07-01-2006, 02:22 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by adva7328
hey bro what kinda motor are you running right now u maybe better off just fully building the motor to get just as much power and that will be easier for ya to the V2 and headers will work in that case and if you research it alot of all motor cars are faster than turboed cars
Show me an N/A car and a turbo car, both with equal amounts of money dumped into them, with the N/A car being faster.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:02 PM
1turbodc2
got boost?

agreed times 2
Old 07-01-2006, 04:20 PM
ElCoqui19

Originally Posted by Däs Schmoo
Show me an N/A car and a turbo car, both with equal amounts of money dumped into them, with the N/A car being faster.

He's got a point,boost wil give you more bang for your buck any day.Thats why I'm debating boost or n/a,it'll be boost most likely.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:13 PM
adva7328
BOOST PROJECT 99

for the most part yes i do agree but if you dont know jack about turbos it is easier and better on your car just to buy cams cam gears and internals so that you can buy good headers and the V2 and you will get good HP gain from them not say a turboed car isnt faster i was just saying it is better to build the motor if you dont know sh*t about boost that is it
Old 07-01-2006, 07:28 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by adva7328
for the most part yes i do agree but if you dont know jack about turbos it is easier and better on your car just to buy cams cam gears and internals so that you can buy good headers and the V2 and you will get good HP gain from them not say a turboed car isnt faster i was just saying it is better to build the motor if you dont know sh*t about boost that is it
You did say that N/A is faster in your initial response, that is why I quoted it.

Cams and a cheesy, overpriced intake do not make a built motor. Forged pistons, rods, headwork, sleeves, etc. do.

A serious N/A build will require just as much tuning as a turbocharged motor, so if you think that you can just throw some internals in because you heard they were the bombdiggity JDM shiznat, you will be sadly disappointed when the idle lopes like a bitch, there are flatspots and studders everywhere in the powerband, and it only makes 160 whp after spending all that money and labor putting it all together.

I am just saying that any route to decent power will require knowledge. If you don't know what you are doing, don't be surprised when your results are lackluster.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:14 PM
adva7328
BOOST PROJECT 99

Originally Posted by Däs Schmoo
You did say that N/A is faster in your initial response, that is why I quoted it.

Cams and a cheesy, overpriced intake do not make a built motor. Forged pistons, rods, headwork, sleeves, etc. do.

A serious N/A build will require just as much tuning as a turbocharged motor, so if you think that you can just throw some internals in because you heard they were the bombdiggity JDM shiznat, you will be sadly disappointed when the idle lopes like a bitch, there are flatspots and studders everywhere in the powerband, and it only makes 160 whp after spending all that money and labor putting it all together.

I am just saying that any route to decent power will require knowledge. If you don't know what you are doing, don't be surprised when your results are lackluster.

i do understand what you are saying but i guarantee that my friend that has a ctr fully built hatch will beat alot of turboed cars he dynoed at 314 which is more that 262 with boost anyday either way turbo or a engine build is better than stock and will take alot of money, time, and knowledge