Notices

What to do with $2000???

Old 03-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeyr0th
What is the point of making your car a 12 or 13 second car if takin it to the track is not interesting to you. If you try and romp on it on the highway then I'll just drive by you and laugh while you are being raped by the police officer.

If there is one thing I've learned about street racing, its that it is only a matter of time until you get nailed for it. I have a total of about 1000$ in fines because of it. IT IS a rush, but to me it wasn't worth it, to you it may be.I don't really care either way, I'm not out for you, I'm out for me.

BOTTOM LINE
If you don't like my car then :madfawk: cause I like it
I do see your point but saying that it will set you aside from the rest and make you unique is just a crock of shit. Following the JDM trend to make your car look like something it isn't and will never be is anything but unique.

I never said I street race and I never said I didn't race at a track, so stop assuming and lecturing me on something I don't even do.

That is great that you like your car and modding the exterior for that JDM look but don't be offended when I call you a trend whore.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:06 AM
gingas

JDM is like that! For 2 grand. These are some things that would set your ride off.Lower car, RED JDM "A" emblems, type R shift boot,shift knob, hyper white bulbs,not sure what canadian looks like, but you can get them dipped chrome to be different. I would also look on cardomain to get more ideas. Those things would set your ride off big time. The JDM look would be "tight" nice. Post some pictures up
Old 03-12-2005, 01:14 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Red Acura emblems on any car besides a Type R is rice. I do agree with the rest of the ideas except the bulbs. I switched my bulbs out and I couldn't see at night if it were raining or on freshly paved roads. Ended up switching back to stock lights.

If I had $2000, I would invest it into the suspension and tires, bottom line. You will feel much more improvement by putting $2000 into the suspension rather than the engine. Engine upgrades are nice but you need to have the handling to compliment them.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:14 AM
dc5s
Designer of HP

Well, the "JDM" look im going for is the Japanese Domestic Modified look. The parts i am getting from Japan while im there this summer are parts such as the T1600 Carbon Fiber limited intake from Top Fuel (different from my existing one), Mugen Throttlebody, Tomei valvetrain, ToDa camshafts...etc....i dont like the "Integra Type R but actually a base RSX" look. Its ricy, but a all japanese modified RSX-S that happens to have Honda Integra Type R badging (for the sake of being true to Honda, and not the luxury appointed Acura name) is pretty cool in my book, and that happens to be the only book i read from when it comes to MY CAR. But i have learned that i will never ask for a forums opinion again, no point to it. But to those of you that did provide decent information, I THANK YOU.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:58 AM
Import-Tooner
skoooooie!

I would go with cams and upgrade your valve train. Cams seem to add a very good amount of power to the K series motor. You wouldn't be dissapointed.

SKOOIE!!!
Old 03-21-2005, 05:34 PM
gingas

What's this with all these dudes keep talking all this "rice" s??t. Tell me what the "f" rice is suppose to be. If champ want to put red A's on his ride so be it. I have red "H"s on my hatch & I don't have a Civic Type R ,so who gives a "f"!!
Old 03-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

OK. Go on ebay, search for "JDM", and tell me what kind of stuff you find. I found over 10,000 items and about 99% of them are complete ricer shit. That proves my point.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:32 AM
umbs2006
HAN Authorized Vendor

you can find most of the items you listed cheaper at the comparison site www.tunermarket.com, they have tons of reliable sellers, so you don't have to worry about shady stuff like that on ebay.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:05 PM
mikeyr0th
Part-time Hill Billy

Originally Posted by Shmoo
OK. Go on ebay, search for "JDM", and tell me what kind of stuff you find. I found over 10,000 items and about 99% of them are complete ricer shit. That proves my point.
Since when does ebay determine what JDM is? LOL :lmfao:
Old 04-10-2005, 11:30 AM
jr_kbad

hey the other day i saw a guy with a 94 accord automatic with a Accord Type R stickers all over it.

I asked him what kind of exhaust he had and he said it was JDM. I asked how much it cost and he said 99 bucks.