Notices

Mazda3 or RSX, which is better?

Old 01-23-2005, 03:30 PM
maldini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by airon
are you speaking about the base rsx or type s as well?
they are different imo and are different cars in terms of what market they are trying to hit
the mazda3 looks decent, but doesnt have the power or the luxury of the rsx
the interior plastic is very cheapish looking and the whole car seemed to be made with cost in mind (thats why its so cheap)

i personally ended up with a rsx-s while my best friend went with the mazda3 4 door. but then we have different needs and ideas on what we wanted
I do not understand why you say the Mazda3 is cheap while a previous poster said the Mazda3 is pricey. The base RSX has 160hp while the Mazda3 model with the 160hp engine is certainly $2300 less.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:59 AM
mikeyr0th
Part-time Hill Billy

I'd get the RSX simply because you don't see it as much as the Mazda 3, but then again, I'm trying to stay out of the masses of people who buy the ordinary.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:15 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by mikeyr0th
I'd get the RSX simply because you don't see it as much as the Mazda 3
I see way more RSX's then 3's. :thinking:
Old 01-24-2005, 02:54 PM
raykan

3's I think are unique and quirky and not as bubbly as RSX, however if were talking about RSX-s then no question, the acura....if it's the base....I would pick Mazda.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:56 PM
mikeyr0th
Part-time Hill Billy

I'm not even quite sure why acura makes a base model RSX?
Old 01-25-2005, 05:13 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Because they're cheaper. The base RSX fills the niche that the Integra RS, LS, and GS used to fill. That's kinda like saying all 94-01's should have been GS-R's.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:48 AM
96tegse
'06 Mazdaspeed6 GT

Considering that 80% of the RSX on the road are base models, I'd have to ask why Acura bothers to sell a Type-S?

Acura is well aware they can make more money by offering cars with fewer variations - look at the TSX - only 2 factory options available. TL has very limited factory options as well.

But back to the case at hand - The Mazda 3 is probably the least expensive car on the market to offer HID's and a navigation system from the factory. And you can get the 3 with leather, moonroof, 6-disc, HID, NAV for around $21.5K - Not bad when compared to the base RSX, which is priced the same but lacks the 6 disc, NAV, HID and doesn't come in a 4 or 5 door (cheaper to insure). I still prefer the RSX, but if I needed the 4 or 5 door, Mazda 3 is a good choice.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:52 PM
mikeyr0th
Part-time Hill Billy

Originally Posted by Kai
Because they're cheaper. The base RSX fills the niche that the Integra RS, LS, and GS used to fill. That's kinda like saying all 94-01's should have been GS-R's.
Uh yeah, that's a given, they should all be
Old 01-25-2005, 03:58 PM
mikeyr0th
Part-time Hill Billy

Originally Posted by 96tegse
Considering that 80% of the RSX on the road are base models, I'd have to ask why Acura bothers to sell a Type-S?

Acura is well aware they can make more money by offering cars with fewer variations - look at the TSX - only 2 factory options available. TL has very limited factory options as well.

But back to the case at hand - The Mazda 3 is probably the least expensive car on the market to offer HID's and a navigation system from the factory. And you can get the 3 with leather, moonroof, 6-disc, HID, NAV for around $21.5K - Not bad when compared to the base RSX, which is priced the same but lacks the 6 disc, NAV, HID and doesn't come in a 4 or 5 door (cheaper to insure). I still prefer the RSX, but if I needed the 4 or 5 door, Mazda 3 is a good choice.
Just wondering where you got the 80% from

Also, I was just wondering why anyone would get the base model for $21.5K when they could get 40 more horses, leather interior, 6-disc and Bose all around for another 2 1/2 grand?

What is the first question that people ask when you say you have a RSX?

"Is it a type S?"
Old 01-25-2005, 04:05 PM
FLip wit da Flo

mazda is not reliable at all. All mazda cars have transmission problems.

Stick with Honda/Acura.