Notices

RSX A-Spec Kit - Installed and Discontinued!

Old 07-26-2004, 04:13 PM
rexerin
beep! beep!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RSX A-Spec Kit - Installed and Discontinued!

well i don't post a lot in here but i know some people were looking for pics of the a-spec kit for the RSX, so here it is! fyi, at least for '04, it has been discontinued by Honda. it took several weeks for the dealership to track down an NBP front lip and spoiler for me because they were discontinued. yes those are real JDM headlights.

and before everyone asks what's included with the a-spec kit from Honda, here's the run-down:

Spoiler
Front Lip
Rear Lip
Side Skirts
Emblem
Aluminum Shift Knob
Titanium Interior Trim Kit
17" 10-spoke Gunmetal wheels
Yokohama OR Michelin Tires
Sport Suspension (lowers the car about 1-1.5")

AND before everyone flames me for wasting my money on an over priced kit that doesn't add any horsepower consider the following:

- my brother (RiceBurninVtec) works at an Acura dealership, so i got the kit for a little over $3000, plus $500 to one of the mechanics to install it on the side. (it is $8000 retail, installed, with the Michelins)

- all parts are warranted for 4 years/50k miles

- all aero parts are wind-tunnel tested and do actually improve aerodynamics somewhat (not very significant, but most aftermarket kits do nothing for aerodynamics, unless they make it worse)

a-spec kit installed:

more pics at the link in my sig
Old 07-26-2004, 04:23 PM
airon
AARONNOJIMA.COM

looks good imo, i still dont like the aspec/type r wing though :ugh:
i gotta find my nbp kit soon , im gonna wait though till prices go down a little more and find it at some hole-in-the-wall acura dealership in their back room

also i like the the enkei rims also

but id rather spend the 3500 on the kit w/no wing, rims, tein coilovers and have money to do some other stuff but looks good
Old 07-26-2004, 05:44 PM
rexerin
beep! beep!

thanks

i personally really like the a-spec wing... its much less obstructive of the view out the rear window than the other OEM wing, and i think it flows with the lines of the car better, even if it is kinda high. this isn't my project car, so i just wanted to quickly get it looking nice and not stock, even though the a-spec kit is OEM optional parts. sure i could have spent the money on other aftermarket parts, but i can't really lower it any more than it is or i won't be able to get up my driveway, i really liked the wheels and aero kit, and i was going to get the interior kit and shift knob anyway, so it just made sense to get the whole kit
Old 07-26-2004, 05:55 PM
EVO VIII
Imports over Domestic

I dont see why they charge what they do for the A spec package...as far as I can tell its only rims, ground effects kit, and spoiler, correct me if I am wrong......dont get me wrong the A spec package is cool looking
Old 07-26-2004, 06:39 PM
rexerin
beep! beep!

i already listed what is included in the kit. the suspension is one of the most expensive parts besides the wheels & tires. i think they were charging a bit much for it retail considering there was no HP increase... probably why they discontinued it. but for what i paid for it, i think it was a fair price considering the warranty and OEM quality.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:34 PM
coredump

When A-Spec kit is discontinued, will they still offer...

Front Lip
Rear Lip
Side Skirts

... because it is sold as an accessory I think?
Old 07-27-2004, 01:57 AM
airon
AARONNOJIMA.COM

i think the main reason they are discontinuing is since the 2005's are supposed to have a front/rear fascia makeover, so the bumpers are probably gonna be different

sorta like 98-01 integs or 2004+ s2000's
Old 07-27-2004, 06:28 AM
coredump

Oh crude, I gotta get my front lip, skirt, and back under spoiler before the change it, ahaha.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:57 AM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

More than likely discontinued due to lack of being able to sell it. Most people didn't want to pay the price.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 07-28-2004, 09:08 PM
Import-Tooner
skoooooie!

That last pic makes the wing look HUGE!

SKOOIE!!!