Notices

RSX A-Spec Kit - Installed and Discontinued!

Old 08-09-2004, 01:51 PM
rexerin
beep! beep!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ThaJazz: i'm not in PG county... forest hill is in harford county, but i spend most of my time in baltimore.

and yes, schwanginpt is right. the $8000 price tag is the price of the kit "maxed out" with the michelins. there was another black a-spec at the dealer that had the sticker on it still, and installed options listed as a-spec kit $8000 (incl. installation), so i am not making this up.

now, as i sit here with my acura invoice in hand, this is why you (JDMDiva) only paid $4500. the suspension alone, not including installation, costs $925 retail. it was 575 for me. so that saved you close to $1k by not getting that. by not getting michelins, you saved yourself another $2k. ta da - there's your $8000 (adding $500 for installation of the susp.) i can list all of the prices and scan my invoice if you or anyone else want the proof.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:56 AM
Larry_RSX

u keep just mentioning suspention.. mine also came with bigger / better A-Spec disk breaks... didnt yours?
Old 08-11-2004, 01:29 AM
preludedriver99

Originally Posted by Larry_RSX
I just baught my 2004 RSX and I got the A-SPEC package on it as well.. tax and title and everything out the door brand new was $28,000. I thought it was nice... gives it a differnt look other then "stock"
Damn you could have found a nice used nsx for that much!
Old 08-11-2004, 03:59 AM
rexerin
beep! beep!

brakes were not on the list... if you got a base model, maybe they put the bigger type-s brakes on yours. everything i've read about the a-spec kit says nothing about brakes because there is no HP increase.... shouldn't need bigger brakes.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:21 PM
kingbnycflip22

Does the A-Spec have an increased acceleration atleast? The A-Spec TL does..
Old 08-19-2004, 10:37 PM
MaxGeek

Maybe slightly, with all Acura A-Spec cars its mostly aethetics, but they do upgrade the tires so I would think that would help you launch a lot. The stock Michellin MX tires are all season so they are pretty crappy.

BTW the car looks great, but $3000 + $500 install is still pretty steep even if it retails for an insane $8000.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:25 AM
rexerin
beep! beep!

NO A-Spec kit (TL, RSX, TSX) adds any horsepower. i don't count tires as an accelleration increase. the only performance upgrade is the suspension, and i guess you could count the michelins if you get them (i got the yokos), but still, the car is not any faster than it was stock. whoever told you the TL a-spec had a hp increase was WRONG. go to hondanews.com and click on a-spec if you don't believe me.

thanks to everyone who gave me props on the car as for the price tag for the kit, i think the $3500 was reasonable. as i've mentioned before, my project car is a CRX and i have really learned to appreciate the value of OEM accessories, in terms of quality, fitment and appearance. yes, some aftermarket companies make decent quality parts for the RSX, but are the body parts wind-tunnel tested? do they come with a 4 yr/50k mi warranty? do they fit perfectly, with no gaps or other fitment issues? i'd much rather spend the $3500 on parts i KNOW will fit, that i KNOW are guaranteed against defects for 4yr/50k, and that help aero somewhat, but that's me
Old 08-20-2004, 01:04 PM
MaxGeek

Mugen Helps aero, but their styling is a bit extreme for my taste. Especially their S2000 kit.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:53 PM
Brad
wooo nascar!

what a bunch of non-knowing motherfvckers in here.. hp increase on a TL a spec? a spec brakes? funny stuff.

:goodjob: to my sister and my bro paul
Old 08-20-2004, 11:24 PM
HANblackandred

Hmm....I may be misunderstanding the initial poster's point but the dealership in my area has 04's with the A-SPEC kit installed and they are offering to install it on all RSX's they are currently selling that don't have the kit installed already. They also part-out the kit to some extent. Anyway, just thought I'd add that.