Notices

RSX A-Spec Kit - Installed and Discontinued!

Old 07-28-2004, 09:59 PM
jlammy
w00t

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OLDMAN
More than likely discontinued due to lack of being able to sell it. Most people didn't want to pay the price.
Good...that means prices may go down....LOL

I don't want to pay 1k for a freaking bodykit.

Team B.O.B.™ - Ballaz on a Budget

R.I.P Huan Vo 11-19-2008
Old 07-29-2004, 12:08 PM
rexerin
beep! beep!

lol yea that last pic does make the wing look big

and i agree the price was high... i wouldn't have bought it if i couldn't use my brother's employee discount :P i never heard officially why it was discontinued. all the dealer said was it was a limited time promotion and they weren't doing it anymore for the '04s.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:36 PM
ZiGeNX77

The wing is high, but it really fits the A-Spec package well. When I heard the price of the A-Spec package my jaw dropped. Pretty pricey, but definately nice looking. Congrats on your package!
Old 07-29-2004, 11:07 PM
coredump

Do car manufacters discontinue old car accessories (front lip, etc..)? I was always under the impression you can special order them, etc.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:00 AM
rexerin
beep! beep!

they most definitely discontinue parts. my project car is a CRX and they still make parts that came stock on the car (i just bought a bunch!) but all accessories (options) have been discontinued for it. some dealerships still have some leftover, but most don't.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:10 AM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

It's still an RSX though, ha ha ha
Old 08-08-2004, 06:42 AM
jdmdiva04

whoa whoa whoa skippy retails for 8g's..wtf....i have an aspec on my rsx.... it was going for 5400 (which was rather high)... 5000 at the other dealers...i got mine for 4500 =)

the aspec came out mid year..and it was limited production...at least thats what i was told... i hardly see *any* on the road (here in miami...) ive only seen 1

my aspec also had to be a bit modded for my car since i have the base model and not the type s...im only missing the suspension..but its ok.i woulda sold the aspec stuff to buy my teins..hehe

btw i have a 04 Milano Red RsX...& my name is tiff.... hoLLlla~
Old 08-09-2004, 12:16 AM
Larry_RSX

I just baught my 2004 RSX and I got the A-SPEC package on it as well.. tax and title and everything out the door brand new was $28,000. I thought it was nice... gives it a differnt look other then "stock"
Old 08-09-2004, 05:01 AM
ThaJazz

I like the kit--I saw it on MotorWeek and was impressed even if it didn't add a single HP. Funny that the show predicted accurately that tuners would probably just buy the pieces separate rather than pony all that cash up front for a kit/suspension.

I'll look for your car--I'm in PG County all the time...
Old 08-09-2004, 12:25 PM
schwanginpt
Nadene will Return

Originally Posted by jdmdiva04
whoa whoa whoa skippy retails for 8g's..wtf....i have an aspec on my rsx.... it was going for 5400 (which was rather high)... 5000 at the other dealers...i got mine for 4500 =)

the aspec came out mid year..and it was limited production...at least thats what i was told... i hardly see *any* on the road (here in miami...) ive only seen 1

my aspec also had to be a bit modded for my car since i have the base model and not the type s...im only missing the suspension..but its ok.i woulda sold the aspec stuff to buy my teins..hehe

btw i have a 04 Milano Red RsX...& my name is tiff.... hoLLlla~
rexerin is my gf, and she knows her stuff, she researches a bunch before she buys, so she knows what shes saying.

if i remember right, the 8K was the quote with michelin tires on the A-spec wheels, which they are 2K about just for the tires. You can get the kit for cheaper if you get Yoko ES100 (which rexerin has BTW)

I like the a-spec kit a lot, i think it helps a ton in the looks, and the rsx-s has good power IMO, so not increasing hp doesnt seem like a big deal to me. i really like the looks of the kit. :goodjob: to acura