Notices

Working ATTS with Redline Standalone ECU, can it be done?

Old 05-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Crf450r420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Working ATTS with Redline Standalone ECU, can it be done?

I've got a '98 SH and I want to put a Redline ECU in it and keep the ATTS working. I've just started this idea and so, even little info would be helpful.

I know that the ATTS will shut off if the MIL comes on and that sucks a$$. Almost put me into a guard rail when it went out on me while pushing it in the rain up a highway on ramp.

Thanks in Adavance.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:27 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A what?

really, your ECU is tuned from the factory, there's little or nothing to gain from changing the management unless you do heavy modding such as F/I, change in compression or major head/bottom end work. I also have never heard of a "redline ecu" but would put my money on it being of paperweight use to a prelude and possibly any car

I have no comment on the ATTS other than it does have power limits and will disengage in multiple error situations, other than that all I know is most people who ask about modding SH's heavily are told to sell and buy a base or something else
Old 05-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Crf450r420

I already have a pretty large list of bolt-ons that I'm getting little to no use out of because of the ODBII, so I will not being adding anymore work until I can tune the motor to use it.

The main reason for this project is actually practice. I tune this system on the motors we build at my work and want to tune something new and I want to tune a motor in a car. If I can't do this to the Prelude, I'm going to have to spend more money that I don't have right now. On the other hand I would like to have a 600HP camaro to drive.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:28 PM
Crf450r420

http://www.panteraefi.com/
Old 05-22-2009, 05:03 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still don't get it. You won't be able to tune them with something that's not designed for a Honda, at least not without unlimited funds. IIRC hondata's piggy-backs will work on a SH, but you'll lose ATTS and have to do an OBD-I downgrade. A complete engine management system could be used but it'll probably run you into the ground and be pretty worthless.

You'd be better of cleaning up and selling the car for something a little easier to deal with, though everyone likes a challenge I can't see suggesting your plans to anyone.