Notices

????will 19's Fit On A 5th Gen Prelude????

Old 06-30-2008, 09:02 AM
1FYNE99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ????will 19's Fit On A 5th Gen Prelude????

Does Any One Know Wether A Set Of Chrystler Crossfire Wheels Will Fit My Lude? They Are 18" In Front And 19" In Rear. Im Pretty Sure The Front Is Good Just Not Sure About The Rear??? They Are 225 35 19 In Rear!!! Please Help!! 5TH GEN.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:07 AM
maweitao

I'm not sure why I'm even bothering with a response, but here it is.

Firstly, I'm not sure why anyone would want to put Crossfire wheels on a Prelude. They aren't particularly attractive and don't fit the car at all.

More importantly, there really is no way at all they're going to fit. 19"s are likely too large for the Prelude. How do you plan on getting rubber on those wheels and have them fit in the wheel well first of all, and secondly keeping them within an appropriate overall diameter?

More importantly, there's more to fitment than diameter. Specifically offset and bolt pattern. It's safe to assume the Crossfire's measurements are totally different from the Prelude, especially considering the car is RWD.

Also, it seems to me that you're actually considering fitting 18" wheels up front and 19" in the rear. You'd better drop that idea immediately. It isn't going to work in the Prelude. The car wasn't designed for that setup.

I think before you even consider swapping the wheels on your Prelude you first need to do some research and learn a few things about your car.

There are better sources of information but here's a good start:
Wheel Sizing (Wikipedia)
Wheel offsets (Wikipedia)
Old 08-12-2008, 12:02 PM
gingas

I agree, you have a fwd. If you want different wheels why not put some TSX Aspec wheels on. They're 17's. I think the biggest tire you can use is a 225 or maybe!! a 235. If you go big hope it's lowered or will look crazy w/ that gap you'll have.
Good luck
Old 09-07-2008, 03:10 PM
hattrick58

This topic has been addressed before. Try doing a search. 19's will work if you use rubber bands for tires. Hit one pot hole, you're buying a new wheel or wheels) and possible severe suspension problems. If you're lowered, your really asking for problems. If you want a larger wheel, 17's are recommended unless you want the problems listed above.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:59 AM
gingas

Agree